Rpm activated switch?

GTS1998

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am in the process of putting together a nitrous kit for my 1998 GTS. What kind of RPM activating window switch are you guys using (MSD?) If so, does it have to be modified for the input signal? I would like to be able to limit activation between 3000 rpms and somewhere south of the rev limiter. Thanks

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MSD makes the only separate RPM window switch box that I know about (that's not part of some other more complex system). It works great, but you have to send the box to MSD to calibrate it for a 2/10 cyl engine.

It's pretty cheap insurance so that the nitrous only sprays when you want it to. Remember that the Viper's rev limiter just cuts the fuel, which could be a disaster when running N2O. :eek:

Most of the N2O RPM Window switch kits come with a couple sets of what they call "pills" which plug into the MSD unit to manually set the particular RPM that triggers the nitrous setup on (and off again automatically).

AlvaSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told that the Viper´s ecu cuts both the fuel and the ignition (spark) so there should be no problem with hitting the limiter on nitrous.........

OP
OP
G

GTS1998

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't want to activate the nitrous below 3000 rpms accidentally, and I am concerned about nitrous and fuel pooling in the intake when the limiter comes back on. When the spark comes back there could be a big boom. I have learned that you can not have too many safety features when it comes to nitrous.

VinR1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nitrous Oxide Systems also has a RPM switch. I got mine through Jegs PN# 741-15879 $189. You adjust on/off with supplied rpm chips. It also works great with multi stage systems.