RT10 trade-in value?

motomike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone try to trade-in their Viper in towards the purchase of another car? How receptive was the dealer in giving a decent trade-in value it?

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
year? miles? condition? problems? Once those are answered, figure on the answers meaning $hit, because that's what the dealer will give you for your car..lol The dealers ( as i gather here ) always lowball you like a *****...

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah, sell it yourself if you can

dealers will lowball you for sure

remember, they gotta flip it for what you shoulda gotten for it

you need to post more details on your car

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The book value that shows up for almost any Viper is peanuts! Don't ever trade one in if you can keep from it.

I was speaking to a Bankruptcy Attorney last night at the kids soccer try-outs and he said they just did a bankruptcy with a 1999 Viper. He said all the dealers around here they spoke to offered $15,000.00 on the high side for a buy bid.

He went on to say the court or the bank whomever sold it on eBay for $25,000.00 and they thought they did real good on recovery. But he felt they did okay based on what all the blue books showed at the time.

The only thing I can guess is since it was a bankruptcy, maybe the car was beat up and in real bad condition.

OP
OP
M

motomike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was not expecting it to be great, but then used car market s**ks driven by our economy and of course affected by gas price hikes. It's an '01 in pristine condition with around 7400 miles.

Thanks for your thoughts and welcome any others.