Run In With The Texas Highway Patrol

PETSN8K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had an interesting thing happen to me yesterday.

On the way home from Dallas after picking up my "new" GTS I got caught behind a logger truck. The [******] thing was in the fast lane ever so slowly attempting to overtake another 18 wheeler all the while throwing debris everywhere.

I stayed back a considerable distance until he passed the truck but this idiot still refused to move over. So I hammered it and flew around him.

Just as I made it around him a Texas Trooper in a marked Camaro lit up and started to cross the median after me. I immediately pulled over, rolled the window down and turned the car off.

He pulled up behind me and asked me to step back to the rear of the car. After explaining why I was traveling 130 mph he laughed and asked if he could look inside the car. He then asked if I would pop the hood.

He walked back to his car and came back with a digital camera. He said his son would love some pictures. He took several shots including a frontal with his marked Camaro behind my GTS. He said that was going to be his desktop.

We talked for a while about cars and the Gumball 3000 which had come through. All and all he was a very down to earth nice guy who loves nice cars.

So Dave if you're out there, thanks and be safe.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most cops are just doing their jobs. Most of them are pretty cool, down to earth, and underpaid, but you do have a lot of guys that got ass-whippings in school. The guys with little man syndrome. These are the guys that we've all grown to hate, and believe me, there are lot's of those in that particular profession! ;)

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow you got a brake doing what :eek: :eek: Maybe you outa play some lotto dude lol. You should have taken that cop for a ride or better yet let him drive the beast, cause at those speeds that car belongs to the state :p

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Can you get a copy of the photos he took ? That would be cool.

I had a local unmarked pull me over when I blipped the gas - 55 in a 40
zone, wife with me. Pulled into a lot, and he told me to take it easy,
and could I pop the hood for him to take a look at the engine. Two other
marked cars pulled in, they all wanted to see. My wife just shook her head
and said she could not believe they let me off to look at the engine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96