Running on empty----> 0

GTS02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just came back from a 2 hour trip up and 2 hour return. I filled the car up with 91 and cruised about 80 - 85 using 5th & 6th gears , depending how steep the grade was. Returning I found my self ( again ) running on the 0 mark. so how many miles or time is there once the tank registers 0. I have not ran out of gas yet, but Ohhh so many times I keep coming close.
:shocked:
I don't need a spare tire, I need an reserve gas tank.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just came back from a 2 hour trip up and 2 hour return. I filled the car up with 91 and cruised about 80 - 85 using 5th & 6th gears , depending how steep the grade was. Returning I found my self ( again ) running on the 0 mark. so how many miles or time is there once the tank registers 0. I have not ran out of gas yet, but Ohhh so many times I keep coming close.
:shocked:
I don't need a spare tire, I need an reserve gas tank.

I usually can only go that far too, I usually use 93 octane

hummmm...

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine reads empty when it still has about 2 gallons left.

It's kind of a drag because as you mentioned it gets you a little adventuresome.

When I'm about to run out, the car kind of bucks a little. At that point I have about 5 miles before it will be out completely.

My gas mileage can vary from >20 on the highway to less than 12 if I'm driving in a little more spirited fashion.

I think I'm one of the few people who drive a Suburban because it gets better gas mileage.