Running RICH Data Log Inside. 2002 with Built Engine and Paxton 2 Cents Welcomed...

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been running rich for a while now. Finally got tired of cleaning off all of the black crap that is on the rear bumper after a weekend of driving. Lost my serial cable to my Zeitronix data logger a year ago and finally bought another one. So last night I logged a few pulls. I'm new to tuning and logging. Below is a 3rd gear pull. As you can see at 6psi I was at 10.2 AFR. So running pretty damn rich. At max boost what AFR do you guys think I should be at?

2002 RT/10
Paxton Supercharger
510ci
Partially stock heads (long story)
Fully build bottom end
Full exhaust

Using a Zeitronix data logger and going to tune it with the split second.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Running RICH Data Log Inside. 2002 with Built Engine and Paxton 2 Cents Welcomed

Ok here is the file for the Split Second if it will help anyone.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Running RICH Data Log Inside. 2002 with Built Engine and Paxton 2 Cents Welcomed

Another question, at what boost should I be wanting the AFR to be correct? As in if I'm showing 2psi, 3567 RPM, 54 TPS, and 14.7 AFR. Should that AFR be around 12? Or am I only worried about full boost which is 6psi? Or at all boost levels? Or at all boost levels at full throttle? Yep I'm confused. ha

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What is your timing curve? You just need to be careful when tuning. Who did your initial tuning?

You should be at 14.7 while cruising. At WOT (Wide openthrottle) you should be at 11.5:1-12:1 but when your at partial throttle it is ok to be above it for a bit. When you are in boost, not at WOT, you need to try and get it below 13:1. Your initial hit will be above but it does drop down. If you are going to tune, make sure you take very small amounts of fuel out at a time. You are very safe right now but you are leaving power and gas mileage on the table. You also could add more boost and not add any additional fuel, this might be enough fuel for an additional pound or two of boost. I dont think adding boost is convenient but you could.

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the reply. Doug Levin told me last year when I was talking to him if/when I make changes to my tune file I need to make small adjustments. So I played with it this weekend. Made very small adjustments and saw a little improvement. I'm in the 10.4-10.7 range now. I'm one that always like to learn to work on my own cars. Really not close to anyone that knows how to tune performance cars so figured I would learn myself. If I take my time and make small adjustments I should be able to tune it in perfect plus learn a hell of a lot. Been talking to Tony also so he is putting in his 2 cents. It would help out if I had a local dyno I could use also.

So at:
Cruising: 14.7
WOT: 11.5-12.1
Boost/no WOT: Below 13.1

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

At wot a safe number is 11.5, you give up a little hp, but, have a safety margin. If you are not into boost and at light throttle 14-14.5, are fine. You will have to tune the a/f against both the rpm and vacuum/boost.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21