rx 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know too much about the rx 7 turbo except that it is very fast. I don't know if he did any mods to it, but he had a laptop with him in the front seat and he was fine tuning it. I would pull him at top end, but until then it was pretty even.

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a 93 rx7 twin turbo and it was without a doubt the worst sports car I have ever owned. It was one gigantic lemon. Granted, I had an early production version, but the string of TSBs and recalls was incredible. And, the engine asthetics of the hissy, spitty and poppy turbo motor were lousy. It had a big flat spot between the first and second turbos and got worse gas mileage then my Viper. It rode like crap and rattled like crazy from the rear suspension. Overall, I worked on it more then I drove it.

However, I don't doubt that with a big enough turbo, it could have been very fast.

Jim

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the RX7 is a great purebred sports car..... it has perfect 50/50 weight distribution.... the R1 could pull close to 1g on the skidpad... had great breaks.... 60-0 in 114 feet.... it wasn't the quickest car..... 1/4 mile in high 13's...

most of theses turbo cars can be made VERY fast pretty easily..... there are plenty of 10 second capable RX-7s running around the streets... pulling 120-130 MPH trap speeds

I owned one for 5 years..... ran low 11's at 121 MPH... nice sleeper car....

Brooks

http://viper.miamisci.org

Status
Not open for further replies.