Salesman wrecks a SRT while preping it for delivery.......

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MI guy's Viper was severely damaged when mechanic took it out for lunch about 7 years ago and got in an accident.
After hearing back then about a Metro Detroit area body shop owner who routinely took customer's cars home, I made sure when I dropped my '94 off at a different shop once for some minor bodywork once way back then that there was a notation on the paperwork NO TEST DRIVES. The manager seemed offended or whatever, but I wasn't concerned with his feelings-just that my car didn't leave the shop.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now Richard is that any way to talk about Bill's car? Just kidding. It was a nightmare for him. Wrecked it just prior to the Viper Invitational (Indy I think) and did not get it repaired until fall. What a deal and his insurance had to cover it too. That dealer no longer is authorized to sell or work on Vipers. I wonder why??/

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dumbasss. coulda been worse though; he could wrecked a GenII

That was soooo cold :) lmao...He's right though its gonna be cheaper replacing the SRT hood than a Gen II

OP
OP
M

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a bunch of idiots. Now they're calling an '03 Viper a clown shoe. :rolleyes:

Don't get your panies in a bunch, like Viper owners never say bad things about Vettes. :rolleyes:

It'a all fun and games man. :)

OP
OP
M

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, they have to call it a clown shoe...cause deep in there hearts they know that.....CORVETTES ****

Martin, you aren't feeding the Viper stereotype are we?? HAHA :D

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't get your panies in a bunch, like Viper owners never say bad things about Vettes. :rolleyes:

It'a all fun and games man. :)

Oh I know, but if they're going to use the "clown shoe" insult, they should at least use it for the proper generation. The Gen III might be the "S8300" or "Stratmaro", but only the GTS is a clown shoe.

OP
OP
M

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh I know, but if they're going to use the "clown shoe" insult, they should at least use it for the proper generation. The Gen III might be the "S8300" or "Stratmaro", but only the GTS is a clown shoe.

I know what you mean, the SRT looks like a Honda S2000 on steroids. Gen II's is where it's at IMO.

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I think the SRT looks meaner and more purposeful than the GTS. The GTS looks sexier though.

OP
OP
M

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar, I only speak the truth!!!! ;)

I take you were not a previous Vette owner prior to the Viper? :laugh: I'm just a little suprised some Viper owners like yourself hate ALL Corvettes. I know lately these cars leave somthing to be desired but the'66-'70 Big Block feel just like driving a Gen II Viper to me.

I guessing I'm just a car enthusiast and not a Viper only enthusiast.

To each their own..... :cool:

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually far from a S2000 I think the SRT10 is much closer to the Aston Martin Vanquish V12 convertible. We have a few around here and they are quite similar except less muscular than the SRT10.

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I just like to rile up the corvette guys. They, generally speaking, have a chip on their shoulder. I enjoy knocking it off. As for a bit of my history, I have had a 72 455 ** T/A and a 75 442, a 93 RX-7 TT AND --- a 97' C5.
I thank my lucky stars every day that Chevy was inept and could not deliver my car....It prompted me to go out and get my first Viper. And I never looked back. I have never been a fan of the Vette, and probably never will.

I just know that when I bought my Vette, I was "settling" for second best. So, I know exactly what that little voice inside the vette owner head says......"dam, I wish I had a Viper" :eek:

Regards,

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all around me. Looks like this SRT was in Atlanta. About 4 weeks ago the "detail person" at the Dodge dealer in Chattanooga took a 2001 ACR down the road to dry it off. He ended up doing donuts in the same parking lot we autocross in and when pulling out on the dead end road to leave, he lost it and put it into a tree sideways. Totalled the car and did broken bone damage to the passenger.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar thinks,
"the'66-'70 Big Block feel just like driving a Gen II Viper to me."

That would be true IF they had tires.

That would be true IF they had real power.

That would be true If they didn't have a steering box and tie rod link front end.

Those old carburetor engines weren't even in the same ballpark as our V10s as far as area under the curve.

When was the last time you tried to go fast in a 66-70 C2 or C3? These were not racecars with license plates.

Don't start talking about some mythical special engine that one car had.
These were fun cars in their day. Today they would be considered loud dogs.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My little bro had a 69 Vette. 4 speed 'rock cruncher', side pipes, simple 350, mildly modded. Felt almost exactly like the SRT missing two gears. Hell, even the view over the hood was the same.

OP
OP
M

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar thinks,
"the'66-'70 Big Block feel just like driving a Gen II Viper to me."

That would be true IF they had tires.

That would be true IF they had real power.

That would be true If they didn't have a steering box and tie rod link front end.

Those old carburetor engines weren't even in the same ballpark as our V10s as far as area under the curve.
When was the last time you tried to go fast in a 66-70 C2 or C3? These were not racecars with license plates.

Umm I have one in my garage. :rolleyes: The L-88 had a 12:51 compression 4.56 gears and required 110 octane, you call that a street car???

Don't start talking about some mythical special engine that one car had.
These were fun cars in their day. Today they would be considered loud dogs.

I'm sure you are reffering to the 200+ L-88 built, yep these were "prototypes" like you called them in another post. HAHA Do you realize there only 18 '68 Dodge Darts w/ RACE HEMI'S and they dominated the drag strip yet these were not mythical cars....

Joe I'm not going to arguee with you. No matter what I have to say you will still see Vettes, C2 and C3's as complete dogs, that's cool with me. I'm not niave to think a Viper is the ONLY car out there worth a damn and nothing out there can touch it. To each their own.......

When I was comparing the Viper to a Big Block C3 I was stating that they are similar in that they both are loud (side exhaust), uncomfortable, no frills (no power seats, a/c, radio), crappy brakes :laugh: , and the in your face styling. No where did I say a stock BB C3 could out run or out handle a Viper.

As far as these cars not able to make power or handle when set up, tell that to the '68 Vette who won Lemans. The same car also ran 212mph down the Muslanne Straight.

Although I'm sure you disagree, There is always be someone faster.......

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YEAH!
IF ANYBODY knows a Clown Shoe it's US!! LOL

Anybody been by that mentioned dealer to see the carnage??

Pics???

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It that viper was a pre order or just sold already, "Well sir, you will have to wait another 6 months for another viper because our salesman totaled it and no we will not discount the price for your inconvience."
Posted by Alwyn678
Actually they Did Discount the price a LOT on the car he ended up with. The car that was totaled was yellow and the car he ended up with was blue so they made a price concession as a result

Ummm, yeah sure, you know what you're talking about when no on this board has heard of yellow or blue production colors coming out.