> San Diego - Qualcomm Drags and Carlsbad Drags, April 30th & May 1st <

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, there are a couple of us that are getting together this weekend to take our Vipers to the track here in San Diego. I've only EVER drag raced once before in my life with any car, and I have only had 3 runs in my life, always with restrictions, so this will be a total learning experience for me.

Qualcomm is Friday April 30th and starts at 5pm and runs until 11pm. It's a 1/8th mile track, so that kind of blows, but the good part is you can use it to practice your launches and 60 foot times. Besides, it will put you in the middle of downtown, and afterwards, I am planning on going down to the gas lamp district to have fun since we'll be mere minutes from the location.

Carlsbad is a full 1/4 mil track and Satruday at 11am is the test and tune. This one runs until 5pm. If all goes well, I will swap out my wheels for some drag radials for this event and see if I can't get some better times. I don't believe the track is prepped since it is a test and tune, but I am guessing you'll be able to get in a shatload of runs since the overall car turnout should be low.

Anyway, I know of at least one or two other Viper guys that are going, and I'll be running the Annihilator there. PM me if you're interested in hooking up at either event or going out afterwards on Friday night.

Yellow Fever, you in or you out of town? I'd love to see the Turbo's in action!

Manny

BlownC5Roadster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carlsbad is not a very good track for launching even when they prep it. There is a local guy with a stock Z06 who runs in the 11's and he really knows how to drag. Qualcomm is mostly ricers and older muscle cars. Launching is miserable there. It's very crowded, but there are a lot of car enthusiasts who will love your cars. I would like to come down and join you and Jeff, but I am out of town next weekend.

Besides...since when does Jeff actually go to the track???? :p :p

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manny , count me in ! I'm rolling on Michelin Pilots so I don't expect to set any records..LOL

But it should be fun !

It will be my first time so I think its a good place to start..Lets cruise down together.

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, Jeff is in. Let's plan on rolling out of here around 5'ish or so. I can meet you down there since you're off the 5 and I am off the 15 fwy. Alan is coming down though with his Nitrous Viper, at least on Saturday.

Qualcomm -- even if I only get a few runs in, I was planning on going out that night anyway, so it puts me out in that area and I can look at all the cars there.

I drove my car to the Fontana track once, and was amazed at how many people came up to me and asked if this was the car that was in the video that raced the Hayabusas. Was funny stuff!

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning to hit both, so we will have a supercharged, a twin turbo and my N2O. All 3 flavors!
Come on out and visit!!

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SunDiego, cool. I will see then at Qualcomm on Friday night and Carlsbad raceway on Saturday morning. Look for me -- im the one with the black, funny looking viper with the big wing and a jet engine whine sound coming from it. :)

01RedCognacRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might be able to join you guys Friday night as well...

Regards,

Dave 2002 Graphite GTS(Bone Stock)

BLACKGTSR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HI THERE,
I'M A SOCAL MEMBER,AND WOULD LIKE TO JOIN YOU GUY'S ON FRIDAY AND SAT. I LIVE IN HOLLYWOOD HILLS, BUT HAVE A PLACE IN CORONADO.
E-MAIL ME W/MORE INFO..OR CALL ME AT 213-705-3043

THANKS, TIM..

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, ten-thousand eight-hundred dollars in upgrades! YOU DA MAN TIM.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Chad

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can pull it up online. I am heading to DMV and then driving over the Qualcomm right after, so see all of you Viper guys down there sometime around 5pm.

-Manny

01RedCognacRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a great time tonight. It was nice to meet the local Viper Crew. A big thanks to David for letting me borrow his helmet. I got in 5 runs with a best of 8.522 with a 2.16 60ft which is horrid I know. I could really use some slicks with the hooking, can you say traction limited. :)