Saw a Black SRT-10 Convert in showroom today.

Reaction score
Well, I went to see it with my freind today. 06 Black convert. HOLY S**T!!!!!!!! I never sat in one before and today I finally got the chance to. It's a ***** to get in and out of, but it is comfortable(the passanger side anyway. My freind sat in the driver.) I like the lower back and body support. Only problem is that our eyes were at exact level with the top rim of the winshield. We had to bend a bit to see out the front. What an experience just to sit in it. I am SSSOOOOOOOO sorry I ever bed mouthed the SRT-10. I am in love with it now just as with the RT/10 and GTS. Also the dealer said they would locate a used one (ex a 2002 graphite RT/10) if I so desired as well. But do I get the RT or bust ass and save for the new one when the time comes?

It's too hard to decide. Well I sat in a new SRT and think it would work form me. Now I need to find some unsuspecting soul to let me look at their 2000-2002 RT/10 to compare.

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe you could wait another year (or less) and then the '03-'04 SRT-10 convertibles will be selling for about the same as the former RT/10?

Mike M

OP
OP
O
Reaction score
I went to Franklin Sussex Automall.

Is there a difference between the current Viper and the 03-04s? Pretty much I either want a 2000 Black RT, a 2002 Graphite RT, or a Black SRT-10 Convert.

The RTs I know are in 40s now right? And SRTs are in the 50s? Are these numbers correct?

Beleive me man I HAVE to get more money behind me first so it WILL be a year or two at least. And that is if I decide to part with my Mustang. But for a Viper I think I could.

Question. I sat in the SRT and like I said it was comfortable even for me, I'm a bigger guy, but not too big, and I heard the RT is smaller? I mean I fit comfortabley, but anything smaller I'm not so sure.

And what about head room? Our eyes were even with the visors on the windshield and it was kinda touch to see out of. Also how about with the roof on the RT/SRT? I'm about 6'3, 240 or so. Any of you owners has this problem?

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I can answer your question, in reference to your size and fitting into the viper(Gen 1,2,or 3). I'm 6'6" tall and I weight about 275 lbs. I've had a Gen 1(Rt/10), Gen 2(GTS) and next week I will be receiving an awesome 2004 SRT-10"Mamba". What ever viper you decide to purchase, you are going to need a seat lowering kit. The kit comes either in a 1" lowering or a 2" lowering. For me the 2" lowering was the best because it dropped my seat 2". The downside to the 2" kit is that the seat no longer moves forward or backward, it's bolted to the floor of the car. Get rid of the mustang if you have to. Trust me, once you buy a viper(any year) you will never look back at the mustang. I got rid of my 99 Corvette(Doug Rippie 383 Stroker Motor) for my 98 GTS and I have never looked back. In reference to your choice of generations(1,2 or3) I suggest that you get with your local VCA Club and talk with different members of the club with different vipers and hopefully this will help you with your decision. Once again, I had a gen 1 and 2 and I've driven a gen 3 a few times and I've come to realize that all are unique in their own way. Take your time and good luck!

OP
OP
O
Reaction score
That actually does help. It seems to me that all you need is a good technique in getting into and out of them, but it's do-able. Thanks unreel.

Also what would be the best way to get in touch with local members in my area?(If there are any.)

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, what he said.

I'd start with a Gen II, You'll enjoy the hell out of it and for less money. Than get a Gen III when your ready for something different. You'll will need the lowering in each though, I'm 6'2'' 215ibs and use the 1''

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to Franklin Sussex Automall.

Is there a difference between the current Viper and the 03-04s? Pretty much I either want a 2000 Black RT, a 2002 Graphite RT, or a Black SRT-10 Convert.

The RTs I know are in 40s now right? And SRTs are in the 50s? Are these numbers correct?

Depends on the model year and how many miles along with condition. Good examples of RT/10's with low miles are still in the low to mid 50's. Once the mileage and/or condition go down, the of course the price does.

As for SRT-10's, it is the same thing. Many of the high $50's cars, are usually high mileage. Good low mileage examples of 03's or 04's are in the $58K - 65K range.

OP
OP
O
Reaction score
WEll price wise the RT/10 is better for me and, although I do like the SRT-10 style, I like the RTs style more. But I'm still concerned about comfort. I don't want to have the dealer bring in an RT/10 and then find out It won't work out for me. I wish there was a way to compare them side by side.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SRT are looking beter and better to me. DAM, I think I might want one...=)

Good to hear ... but they've always looked great. Pick one up, you'll wonder why you waited so long.