Screw Size question

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was doing some intensive cleaning of the side sills today. So I took the plastic trim piece in front of the door off to get complete access to the top the of the sill. In the process I broke the bottom screw.

Not my car, just a picture that was convenient to use
You must be registered for see images attach

My question is about the length of that screw. The others seem to be 1" screws, but a 1" screw here would probably pierce my exhaust. Is it short like a side sill screw or long?

Thanks

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Yogibayer,
That screw is 1" long on mine.

I actually went and replaced all those screws with stainless steel #10 x 1" machine screws. I ordered them at mcmaster-carr www.mcmaster.com

I also changed out all the side sill screws. I followed the Illustrated upgrades section and used stainless steel for those as well.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had trouble finding that bottom screw to replace mine. I think they collect water in that position and rot out quickly. My 2001's in that bottom position were fairly rusty... Still haven't found any ANYWHERE.

They're an odd metric size in the shank. You'd think there'd be some around, but it's a tough nut to crack..

BullRider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had mine off today, too... snapped the head clean off. There's enough of a stump left that I'm going to just leave it for now. I've got enough to do on my car for now. (I just bought the car after it had a nasty run-in with a stop sign that took out the front fascia, hood, rad, condenser and oil cooler)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang