SCT Tunes, Thanks ROE

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased ROE’s SCT and loaded the 93 octane tune. After some 300 miles of city and open road driving, and based on the unscientific “seat of the pants” formula, my Viper idles smoother and feels a lot quicker. IMO the mod was worth it and I’m very happy. By the way, it was easy to use—plug, load and play. One day I’ll dyno the car and will post the numbers. Lastly, DCP and Dan Lesser (Viper Specialty) sell similar products so if you’re interested in upgrading your system then it wouldn’t hurt to do a little research and find the one that is suitable for your setup.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I purchased ROE’s SCT and loaded the 93 octane tune. After some 300 miles of city and open road driving, and based on the unscientific “seat of the pants” formula, my Viper idles smoother and feels a lot quicker. IMO the mod was worth it and I’m very happy. By the way, it was easy to use—plug, load and play. One day I’ll dyno the car and will post the numbers. Lastly, DCP and Dan Lesser (Viper Specialty) sell similar products so if you’re interested in upgrading your system then it wouldn’t hurt to do a little research and find the one that is suitable for your setup.

When you dyno the car, be sure to use a WideBand on it, if possible before the converters for the best clarity with the least offset in time and afr skew from the cats. Now that Tunes are E-mailable from Tuner to Customer via LiveLoad, Fine-Tuning is a snap!

OP
OP
R

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,
Thanks for the information. I would also like to thank you for your input on my other (SCT) thread as well. Moreover, there appears to be a growing interest in the SCT’s lately, and as such there is a lot to be gained from your experience.
Thanks again,
jim

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installed the program Sean recommended on my 06 coupe. Here are the before and afters- 471.8 HP and 498.1 TQ before and taaa daa---500.4 HP and 507.2 TQ. 30 RWHP for a few hundred dollars is good in my book. Still needs a lil tweeking as the A/F is a lil off. Called Sean today and will fax him the print out of the A/F readings. I wanted 500 and I finally got it. Sounds a lot better than 499. 06 coupe, Belanger headers, no cats, three inch exhaust, Seans single plate throttle body and the K&N air intake system. John

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those instructions came with the unit Dimitrios. Try SCTs website, they have the documentation for download. I would tell you but I don't have my stuff at this house.

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just did the Dyno day at Paddock with the NY Club (my first time on a dyno). I have the SCT Programmer with a Roe Tune that I was able to switch between runs.

Stock Program:
Max HP: 488
Max Torque: 475

Roe 93 Octane Program:
Max HP: 508.7 @ 5533 RPM
Max Torque: 522.1 @ 4528 RPM

Other Performance Mods:
K&N/Smooth Tubes
X-Metal Single Blade Throttle Body
AutoLite XP985 Spark Plugs
Dave’s Big Brakes Crankshaft Underdrive Pulley
Corsa Track Exhaust (2.5”)

Dyno3.jpg

You can see the big difference the tune made, about 21 HP and 47 ft-lbs – and that’s just Roe’s standard 93 octane tune – I have not yet talked with Sean about customizing it to the mods I have…

Ron

vipervegas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed the 93 tune on my '02 GTS( smooth tubes, K&N, RT high flows, Corsa) and it for some reason seems to run a little hotter than before. It would almost never go over 190, now it goes over with just normal driving. Anyone else noticing the same? Is that normal?

viper210

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have also noticed my 96 gts running a little hotter than before. perhaps a condition of a slightly leaner tune????

GeneralLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My result is the exact opposite....

My 97 GTS used to run hot. On like the right most line of the 3 center ones, and climbed up in traffic from there. Never to the point of being dangerous, but still hot. Now the with the Roe SCT it never even gets to the 3rd line unless im stopped for a while, and even then never higher.....

The butt dyno doesnt say much....but I need to get to the track or real dyno to see how much it helped.

Sean also was nice enough to make me a 100+ oct tune for race gas only, so we'll see if I pick up a good amount with that.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Sean and his biz, just cant wait to get a S/C.....almost there. :2tu:

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To run the 94 tune, is it necessary to put in a boost with 93 octane gas? I just got mine this week from ROE and love the 93 tune.

GeneralLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I accidently uploaded the 94 tune with 93 and sounded like detonation. He made me 93,94,100+ tunes. The 93 works fine, and the 100+ works with 100......:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery