searching for a nicely modded 1999-2001 gts

P

powerstream

This board has been very helpful in learning about the GTS Vipers prior to buying one.

If anyone knows of a 1999-2001 GTS with Mods I would appreciate learning about it. Must be really nice condition.

Thanks in Advance

Chris Meurett

V

Venomiss

This board has been very helpful in learning about the GTS Vipers prior to buying one.

If anyone knows of a 1999-2001 GTS with Mods I would appreciate learning about it. Must be really nice condition.

Thanks in Advance

Chris Meurett
Checked the classifeds?(Sorry I mentioned it if you did)
Where are you located? Might be helpful to contact a local club near you to see if any are available. Plus you get the bonus of meeting the owner and getting the background on the car-very helpful.
Good luck in your search!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two questions for you.

1. What kind of mods are you looking for.

2. Any reasoning behind the date range you specified?

The '99s had forged pistons, but the 00's and 01's have cast pistons. The 2001's have ABS, the 99's and 00's don't. The available color choices are different between the years (as an example, race yellow wasn't available until '01). For many people, these are deciding factors when purchasing a Viper.

OP
OP
P

powerstream

yes, I learned those details by reading this forum.

The mods i would be refering to would be complete exhaust,
smooth tubes and filters with possibly a cold air box.
ported heads, valves, roller rockers and hardened push rods
different cam (if later model) a good solid running relaible car with about 100 horsepower over stock.
Aftermarket wheels would be nice also.
Big brakes would be a plus

I would not run away from a supercharged car if done right.

I like the idea of ABS on the car. I have heard good and bad about ABS but much more good than bad. Experienced viper drivers tell me its a pretty good system.

It seems as though most prefer the Blue/white cars bit I think I would rather have yellow or silver and blue.

I am really not sure why I am steering away from the 96-98 cars
just seems old I guess.

I am open to any feed back or advice.
I really appreciate the information, Thanks

Chris

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, I learned those details by reading this forum.

The mods i would be refering to would be complete exhaust,
smooth tubes and filters with possibly a cold air box.
ported heads, valves, roller rockers and hardened push rods
different cam (if later model) a good solid running relaible car with about 100 horsepower over stock.
Aftermarket wheels would be nice also.
Big brakes would be a plus

I would not run away from a supercharged car if done right.

I like the idea of ABS on the car. I have heard good and bad about ABS but much more good than bad. Experienced viper drivers tell me its a pretty good system.

It seems as though most prefer the Blue/white cars bit I think I would rather have yellow or silver and blue.

I am really not sure why I am steering away from the 96-98 cars
just seems old I guess.

I am open to any feed back or advice.
I really appreciate the information, Thanks

Chris

You can get close to an additional 100 hp w/o really touching the heads or cam. Tubes & filters, headers & exhaust, rockers and a reflash will get close to that.

I've hit the brakes really hard in my ABS GTS at elevated speeds - stock brakes - and was impressed that the car stayed straight. Have no idea if the ABS kicked in. I know on my Super Duty ABS is scary! I do however have brake upgrade on my GTS mod list. You notice I didn't say I was impressed with how fast it stopped?

And speaking of brakes, upgrades to both them and wheels can be a $15K retail package. My list has that in the budget. If you can score those on a car, by all means do it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32