Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
group.jpg

67.jpg

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The weather turned out great. Friday and Saturday were typical sunny Florida days. Forecast for Sunday was rain all day. It came down hard early in the morning then stopped just before the driver's meeting. We did our early sessions on a wet track but it dried up nicely by late morning and the rest of the day was dry. The rain continued to threaten but stayed away and everyone had a great time.

Not sure what the final tally was but I think FL was represented well on the podium. Yours truly got a Michelin Challenge first (it helps to pick a class nobody else runs. :) )

More later. Still unpacking, unloading and cleaning.

OP
OP
P

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was a really fun weekend with a fun bunch of people. That track goes on forever. It's going to take me awhile to pose all 2200 pictures so be patient. How about I send you guys the CDs and then you guys can post them. Chuck- I told my wife to get that check deposited right away. Thanks for supporting your local Viper photographer.
Tim

584234.jpg

OP
OP
P

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 67 was up first and then got the Red X treatment, I must of hit the wrong button.

584267.jpg

And then we have Tom in the 53 beating all those CCs across the finish line. Good thing I got a picture of it eh Tom or no would believe you. :2tu:
5842group.jpg

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes - that's Tom in Henry's old car. Henry is hiding in the back in an orange CC (McDaniel's old car). The pic is the start of the Sunday VRL in which they invert the grid so the slowest qualifier is on the pole...

VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim;

As long as you are taking requests, how about a pic of that slow yellow #81 GTS passing the even slower #34 red GTS with the wing?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a blast! I got faster during the weekend with qualifying on Saturday being my third time in the car. I lowered my time to the 2:24s. There is lots left in the car and some left in the driver. Somehow I won the GT1 race on Sunday after a 360 in 17 on lap 14 of 15 while chasing a CC (10 laps within 50 feet of that car made me do it). Can someone give me a loan? This racing stuff is expensive.

Tom

PS: Ray, I have your trophy.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pics are great.

What a wonderful weekend - first time out with the new car, first race for Tom in Henry's former GT-1 car, and both of the guys finished FIRST in their respective classes on Sunday. Great job!

I have the first lap on in car video - but it's a pretty big file - 5 MB and no way to host it - file size is too big for this site. Can anyone host for me? It's fun watching Henry's start - he was trying to give me a heart attack.....

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Neil - I'll send it your way - I clipped a smaller version and uploaded to my VCA gallery - only got the first few turns and then another for the pass on lap one - turn 17... I'll try to link here below....

No clue is this is gonna work.... Here's the start:

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/86DVC00007.ASF

and here's the turn 17 pass on lap one:

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/86DVC00008.ASF

Windows media player may require a codec available from Sharp - but it's only available in Japanese. I downloaded it - it was pretty easy to do - even without the ability to read Japanese... ;) Otherwise, RealPlayer seemed to handle it just fine - I am using Version 10, I think. Quicktime did not recognize the file type.

Enjoy!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim;

As long as you are taking requests, how about a pic of that slow yellow #81 GTS passing the even slower #34 red GTS with the wing?

Thanks in advance.

No such pic available. Maybe Iowa later this month if the slow yellow has the balls.

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

No such pic available. Maybe Iowa later this month if the slow yellow has the balls.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's some smack coming from an unlimited "super mod" that's "stock" ;) running almost 10 sec S L O W E R than that yellow "prepared" sled. I'd say that dog ran into your back yard and left you a nice 2nd place prize.

You'd better bring the BBQ and don't change insurance companies before you come up!

Great pics Tim!! I'll call you this week with my order!!

Cheers,

DN

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery