SELLERS BEWARWE!!!

VIPERTEX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I listed my 2003 Viper in the Viper Classifieds about a month ago. I have had a few bites on the car, but nothing serious. That is until a couple weeks ago. I recieve an e-mail offer on my car of $62,500.00 from JOE (Thats it JOE)

I give him my cell phone number and tell him to call me. After talking to the guy I agreed to his number. He made a point to ask me not to sell the car out from underneath him, SINCE WE HAD A DEAL!!!! (Because this had happened to him once before)

Anyway, after 55 (exxageration) e-mails, of picture after picture, carfax, in-service-date, call after call etc. He fianlly called me to tell me that we had a deal and him and his wife agreed this was the car for him. It was everything I had described!!!

I would be recieving an e-mail from him as to where I should fax a purchase order (his bank). More faxing! He was getting flight information, and I was waiting again.

Low and behold on Tuesday, not Monday as we had agreed I get an e-mail stating he was very busy, and he would call me on Tuesday.

Phone Rings....Gary I am sorry to tell you that...MY WIFE HAS TAKEN AWAY MY PERMISSION TO PURCHASE A CAR RIGHT NOW!!!

So...just in case you get an e-mail from JOE...make sure he has his signed permission slip in hand.....

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Selling can be a major pain when inquirers are not really serious. I dealt with a guy from AZ for three full months. He even sent two people over to look at the car. We talked endlessly and agreed on a price. After a few weeks he stopped calling and emailing. He wasted hours of my time.
Most serious buyers move pretty fast.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh my - I was working with JOE before you - same thing - pics of underside, made me jump through a ton of hoops, then tells me my "asking" price is too high and he neer even made me an offer.

Man, I hate people.

Steer clear of JOE from Las Vegas.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's why I consign EVERY car I sell.... if it's a flat rate or a %.... I don't want to deal with deadbeats... check clearing.... title BS and the list goes on.... plus, if you consign the vehicle to someone who works hard for you, you'll get the # you wanted in the first place without the headaches... and everyones happy......

Steve.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very common. I wouldn't think to much about it. If he has changed his mind on his own, I'm sure he's pretty sorry about wasting you time. We've all done this same thing in our lives at least once.

Skip

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tell me more about this consignment stuff? I have had a few bites on my SRT but nothing serious. Maybe I should put it up on ebay (ugggh)

Mamba man steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hull, Ma. summer /Delray Beach Fl. winter
I have delt most of my adult life with people who want to buy toys I had a firm that sold high end marine electronics and also developed real estate commercial property. the buyer steps and makes a deal almost instantly, the people that procrastinate NEVER BUY!!!!!! The Best Deal Is The FIRST!!!!!

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always sell my own stuff. Sometimes it is a pain and sometimes it is smooth. I sold six this year so far and have two more listed, an Audi TT and a 66 Ford. I sold: Roadrunner, Plymouth Fury, VW Cabrio, Ford, Toyota four by four, Corvette, and a Mitsu SUV.
Selling a high end car brings a whole different breed of buyer, however. It's not like selling a 63 Plymouth Fury.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what's Joes contact number so I can get all the details on your car so I won't waste your time? LOL!!!

I am one pain in the *** picky sombitch when I Viper shop!

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a Builder-- Developer. You don't have to tell me about deals gone bad! Some people can't pull the trigger. The longer it takes to get a non refundable deposit the more likely they won't buy it. Buyers remorse its called. If you have time to think about something there is always a reason to change your mind. If you have a few hours someday i can keep you amused! :D :D

OP
OP
V

VIPERTEX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sold the car yesterday for 3800.00 mor than I had a deal with Las Vegas Joe.....

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then better be glad high rolling Joe's wife put the lid on the deal.
Man, I'm no autocrat at home but, "My wife has taken away my permission to purchase?" Sheesh!

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was talking to a guy from "House of Cobras" HOC, a place that sold shebly cobra replicars. He told me that his # one waste of time was men who would negotiate a deal and then their wife 'would not let me buy the car!'. In fact, if you look at an old dupont advertisement for HOC, above the number it used to say, "Get your wife's permission FIRST, then call 1-800 ..."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96