- 24k miles
- Head gaskets changed - $2k
- Thermostat housing gaskets changed (180 thermo)- $1k
- 3.55 gears - $1.5k
- Belanger headers/belanger cats/belanger cat back - $3.5k
- Smooth tubes
- GTS wheels w/ new tires $3k
- All fluids recently changed
- Paint Perfect, interior Perfect, engine bay Eat off of.
(prices are with install, all from local viper tech)

So basically it is just the way I want it! It sounds perfect, drives brand new, never seen rain so looks perfect, and had all the gaskets changed so i never have to worry about problems.

CAN ... I give all that up? to switch to a completely stock GTS? Where I am just going to have to go through all the mods again and blow all that money again to get it the way I really want it?

There is this black with silver stripes GTS for sale down the street that is getting me all worked up. HOWEVER it is completely bone stock.

I would like to sell my RT/10 for low 40's (if that is obtainable) and switch to the GTS. However I will have to cough up another 10 g's just to get the GTS, and another huge chunk of change to modify it the way I want it.

Just wondering your thoughts if it is worth it, Money is an issue because it will take a few years to save to mod the GTS how I want it. Keeping in the mind the rt/10 is just how I want it now.

Also if anyone is interested in the rt/10 feel free to PM me :)

~Jason

You must be registered for see images

Has GTS wheels/tires now, I got rid of the BBS.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you just have the VIPER bug, that's all.

GO FOR IT.

life is short. drive the car that gives you a B@ner! haha

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A stock GTS is probably going to have more power than your modified 93 - so that's at least even and since there are no gasket issues, the fact that yours is "fixed" doesn't matter.

Not really sure about your question - your car has no "mods" over a stock GTS. It would just be a model change issue and the 99 GTS has many upgrades from the 93. Good luck either way.

If it has Cognac interior, it would be the brother to mine...

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you just have the VIPER bug, that's all.

GO FOR IT.

life is short. drive the car that gives you a B@ner! haha

LOL, well you see my car now with the mods gets all the right attetion and is a freaking blast to drive, I have zero complaints.

BUT.... the black/silver GTS is just ****. I am a huge fan of the racing stripes, and no offense but stripes look alot better on a GTS In my opinion. I love the way RT/10's look, but I personally like RT's better a solid color.

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A stock GTS is probably going to have more power than your modified 93 - so that's at least even and since there are no gasket issues, the fact that yours is "fixed" doesn't matter.

Not really sure about your question - your car has no "mods" over a stock GTS. It would just be a model change issue and the 99 GTS has many upgrades from the 93. Good luck either way.

If it has Cognac interior, it would be the brother to mine...

Well with the gasket issues aside the mod's I am refering to are

1) Exhaust mods are a little more expensive on a GTS then an older RT/10. It will be several $1,000's to get the full exhaust (headers and back) to sound the way I want.

2) Gears? I am not sure which gears a GTS have, but the 3.55 I put on my rt/10 make it a much more enjoyable car to drive around town

Power isnt really an issue with me. My RT is TOO fast if anything. Im looking more torwards Sound and driving mods.

Beautiful GTS btw!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if this will help you decide or not, but I am telllin' ya, every Viper I see I go CRAZY!

I want them ALL.

You just have the bug, nothing wrong with that:) I look at mine and then I see one like mine but different mods/color and I want it haha....but hey it's the same body style pretty much.

sounds like yours is where you want it.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your Gen I RT is beutiful and you cant go wrong with either...But I would make the switch to the GTS for several reasons...

1. 410-420rwhp stock
2. Better handling dynamics
3. A roof so now you CAN go out in the rain :)
4. similar **** muscular lines
5. 11 sec capability bone stock

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is it really the body style that your after or, is it the color?

if its the color only keep the 93.

if its the body style, GO FOR IT.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TOTALLY agree with SnakeBitten

you should go for the GTS.

the mods can come later, you will be so excited about the new Viper it won't matter

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your Gen I RT is beutiful and you cant go wrong with either...But I would make the switch to the GTS for several reasons...

1. 410-420rwhp stock
2. Better handling dynamics
3. A roof so now you CAN go out in the rain :)
4. similar **** muscular lines
5. 11 sec capability bone stock
Or, do as I did, and get a Gen II RT (which comes with the hard top), which has every single one of the above abilities, as well as the additional ability to go *******.

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since I have both a 93' RT and a GTS, I feel like I can give you some helpful info. First, have you ever ridden in a GEN2? If you haven't, do yourself a favor and take one for a spin. That, in and of itself, may make the decision for you. The Gen2 feels more buttoned down. It rides smoother and is less choppy over rough roads compared to the Gen1. The GTS creaks and rattles FAR less than the RT. The lines of the GTS can't be beat in terms of looks. If you have to have just one, I would go with the GTS. You can find parts for good prices all over Ebay and with winter coming up, there's always a deluge of good parts that don't get much action because many cars are put away for winter. Stock up on parts and break'em out in spring. Sure, either way, you can't go wrong because any Viper is cool but if it were me to choose just one, the GTS would win hands down, no questions asked. Another reality however, is that you will likely not get close to your asking price of $40K for your RT, with those miles, even with the mods. If you do sell the RT, take the wheels off and put them on the GTS. My $0.02

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just spent months debating between an RT or GTS. IMO the lines of the GTS are better....but to me you can't be being able to go *******. I live in Chicago and live for summer. To me there is no better way to enjoy the summer than being in a "hot" car on a hot day. :cool:

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IMO the lines of the GTS are better....
Exactly on the IMO part. I'd never consider a GTS, as I consider the RT lines 10 times better than the GTS lines. The absolutely only advantage I feel the GTS has over the RT is slightly more cargo carrying capacity. So, it will definitely come down to personal opinion - if you like the lines of the GTS more and don't care about the ability to go *******, then the GTS is for you...

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
CAN ... I give all that up? to switch to a completely stock GTS? Where I am just going to have to go through all the mods again and blow all that money again to get it the way I really want it?

It is obvious you have an itch for a GTS so I say go for it. I am still looking for "all the mods." It looks like you just have a full exhaust and gears. I am not sure I would consider a working head gasket or fluid changes mods. I would actually consider your car barely modded and I am sure if you look around you can find a GTS with as many if not more modifications. So if you are using that as an argument against getting a GTS I would not worry about it.

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I owned a 93 and sold it for a BW GTS. Like you, I also moded my 93.
I really LOVE my GTS!!! I don't regret the decision at ALL!

1) It's faster
2) Sounds better
3) Drives better
4) Doesn't rattle like the RT10!!!
5) Car runs cooler
6) Power Windows and Locks
7) Looks better IMO
8) Etc. Etc. Etc.

Of course these are just opionions of mine!

I think once you drive the GTS you will make up your mind.

p.s. I have gotten a lot more attention in my GTS. Which isn't always a good thing!

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, seems the majority favor the GTS, however there are some true RT/10 fans here. I wish the GTS had a T-TOP or removable hardtop option or something. I never really thought about that but, yes i would not be able to go ******* anymore.

The rt/10 may have its squeeks but I have never had the top on since i owned it, and with the exhaust so loud I wouldn't really know if it squeeked anyways :)

You guys definetely have some awesome advice, but only makes the decision harder! With the new consideration of never being able to go *******, that adds some dissapointment.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better check the vin of that black silver for sale, it may be my original that I totaled, it's floating around down there somewhere and the timing is about right for it to be fixed and back on the market. There are only a little over as hundred of them so what are the odds given the geography.

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better check the vin of that black silver for sale, it may be my original that I totaled, it's floating around down there somewhere and the timing is about right for it to be fixed and back on the market. There are only a little over as hundred of them so what are the odds given the geography.

No, this guy has had the car for a long time, I have seen him driving around for over a year. Thanks for looking out though!

angleiron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was best explained to me that if you are going to take it to the track, then get a coupe. My top is off the RT, and it will remain off...as that is what makes the car so much fun!