selling my silver o4 srt

vo04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hate to do it, but i have to sell my o4 srt. any suggestions where to post and not have alot of hassles. any thoughts on what it might bring. paid 79500. plus taxes etc. thanks for your input !!!!!!!!!!!!!

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
vo04,
Not a good market to be selling in. Assuming low miles (less than 4K), I'd say any offer of $74K or more you should seriously consider. 03's are in the mid to upper 60's now.

This is purely my opinion, so don't shoot the messenger.

Good luck with the sale,

DN

JKNUST

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It seems to be a good buyers market, IMHO, for 03's. I have had a few responses this week on 03's from $64K - $66K with 1,500 - 8,000 miles on them where I inquired. Two from dealers, and two from private sellers. My problem is each one is at least 350 miles away and I am already about to buy a 96 GTS (as long as it checks out and there are no financing isues). Each one of the 03's checked out on CarFax except one had "no data". All of them were used, so no Gas Guzzler tax. This past week seems to be when I've seen the most eagerness to sell in that $64K - $66K range for what I consider ot be clean 03's. You still have to hunt for these though.... many used 03's are still in the 70's.

However, I have not shopped 04's much figuring they were out of my range.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of them were used, so no Gas Guzzler tax.

Keep dreaming. Yes, you will not be assessed the gas guzzler tax, but that doesn't mean a chunk of it isn't factored into the sale price, because the first guy didn't pay it and then decide to pass along the savings.

JKNUST

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Right, so when a dealer lists/sells an 03 for $65K out the door, they mean $65K and not $65K + $3K = $68K really. I'm not sure how that is dreaming? I was just clarifying these were used 03's and not an 03 that sat and was untitled.... thus having the gas guzzler tax. This is at least my understanding (could be totally wrong).

OP
OP
V

vo04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the input , sure would like some ideas where to post, ebay, (etc) anybody with former exp. and success,i would welcome your advice iam a real novice in that area i usually trade. thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just read your post, sold my 02 metallic graphite yesterday, i am looking to buy a silver 04 call me if you still have the car, this will be a cash deal but i need to know the history and miles, thanks tom

check your mail for phone number to reach me

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
man iknow just cant believe i sold it, read my post on gen 1/2 form, great story with details, tom

by the way keeping my wanted tags for the new viper to be purchased asap :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :headbang: :headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant