Selling the RT

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waiting on the ad to be approved. PM me if your interrested. Only mod that I didn't get around to was the KW V2 Coil overs. Everything else is done. Detuned to the 660/780 range.

OP
OP
F

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ad is approved - thx mods!

Looking at the comment - let me clarify 660Hp/780Tq. WIth a Roe you going to get close to 700Hp but the Tq will be over 800. Talking with the guys at ART - living in TX, we decided to pull timing and all but eliminate the water/**** which dropped the power to the numbers advertised (660/780). Dave got it just under 700Hp and was about to have me sign a waiver to go any further. TreeSnake has the mother of all Roe cars and I think he's in the 730Hp range (probably more) but also on a Gen2 motor (although I don't think anything in or on his motor is stock :) )

A 75 shot of N2O would be the next step, but probably blow out the stock bottom end (push to 750+Hp and 900Tq+). The common concensus on Gen1 bottom ends is 900Tq. My 2 cents is 800Tq should last for ever.

If someone wanted to "build" the bottom end, everything else is done. Throw a bottle in the trunk and play with the TT cars.

I can't keep the thing glued to the asphalt as it is - over 700Tq at 2k rpm.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I didn't see the ad. For those of you that don't know, it's Marty B's old car. Eddie and I had the privilege of driving back from Chicago together when I picked up my Roe GTS...that thing is a BEAST. I don't know of a badder Gen. I out there.

GLWS!

OP
OP
F

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll post the spec list today. I found my "as tuned" dyno sheet numbers are actually 670/760 with present tuning - ill get that scanned into the ad.

As Dow what's next? Who knows. I'm elbows deep in lotus transaxles presently - my drop in replacement from the UK is more like split the case and transfer the guts. There's also a '29 Ford that's feeling neglected. Always something.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a comment on your ebay ad:

You need to describe the car better in you ebay listing. Build up that listing with a lot more info. Look at other auctions for examples and plagerize them for what you need. You didn't mention the big brake kit($5000+), the Roe($7000+) or the carbon fiber rear wing, although it is obvious. I would have painted the rear wing to make it look cleaner, but it's your car, so do what makes you happy.

Many more pics and a dyno sheet would be real helpful to buyers.

OP
OP
F

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Modifying the ads now - what do you mean everyone doesn't inherently know how awesome this car is :)

Between Marty & myself this has got to be the best Gen1 presently available. Absolutely everything has been done. When I picked up the car outside of Chicago I drove it home to San Antonio - absolutely no problems except for an OK state trooper. To date the car is as reliable as they come, starts every time, even after sitting for months on a battery tender. The only issue I have ever had was a power steering return line spring a leak - replaced all hoses and no problems. No leaks.

If someone wanted to spend the $3k on the KW V2 coil overs, this would literally be the perfect car IMO. You can play all day with the AC blowing cold in the 100+ Texas heat and never get over the 220 mark. I even had the gauge checked because I couldn't believe it was not over heating.

You can read this forum, among many others, post after post of horror stories with modified cars - this car simply has no issues. Very rare IMO does a car modified to this level have zero issues. We've got it running at 10:1 with no water/**** putting down 670/760 on pump gas.

My fear was to have a modified car that was always broke - it's amazing the reliability when you pull the throttle back just a tad off max. That last 5-10% seems to be where all the problems are - my thought, get the car out of that problem area. Hard to accept the car is loafing at those performance numbers :)

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. I must admit to being tempted... Sure looks like an awsome car but I have similar concerns. Modded cars tend to lack reliability and fat sticker prices are a big turn off as well. It's hard to get your money out of a 18 year old, modded ride but I'm sure you'll find the right buyer. You seem to have good documentation. Good luck with the sale! That thing makes my stock '94 look like a pussycat.... May I ask why do you want to sell?

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If only I had more room!!! I really enjoyed that car when I had it, I still miss the instant power of the Roe. Best of luck with the sale Eddie!

OP
OP
F

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
May I ask why do you want to sell?

From anothe post I made:
"My wife is in my ear, 3rd baby on the way, 7 other hotrods in the garage & this is the one most likely to kill me. "

I guess this is part of that whole marriage/compromise thingy. I've had my Flathead V8 fund siezed until I "compromise"...

OP
OP
F

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If only I had more room!!! I really enjoyed that car when I had it, I still miss the instant power of the Roe. Best of luck with the sale Eddie!

Yep...the torque is an addiction. How's the roll-up windows working out (GTS) - still loving it?

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess this is part of that whole marriage/compromise thingy. I've had my Flathead V8 fund siezed until I "compromise"...

It's amazing how this is never part of the vows, no? I liked how you called it a 'Flathead V8 fund' - I'd tell you what I call mine but my wife would probably kill me...!

See you around.

OP
OP
F

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jdeft,

I hear you on the reliability with modded cars. This car is a bit of an anomoly, I picked it up from Marty in Chicago & drove it all 1200 miles to San Antonio without a single hick-up (got rained on all the way to MO - found out Gen1's repel water like a screen door...lots of towels). Last year my wife & I took the kids in the Vipers to NM (Carlsbad, Roswell, Ruidoso, White Sands) and had no issue what so ever other than the VEC2 adjusting to the 9000 ft altitude in Ruidoso (tuned at 800ft in Buda, TX). I'll post a photo of the Vipers at White Sands Monument. Of the 5500 miles I put on the car, 3000 has been on 1000+ mile road trips, 2 Viper round-ups and tons of Hill Country Drives & VCA events. Never 1 breakdown, flat tire, etc. Lots of playing around whil under way.

Like I put in my ad and another post, all the problems with modded cars seem to be when you run at the ragged edge struggling to win the "dyno wars". This car has been detuned from day one & provided the new owner does not try to squeak the additional 30-40 HP out of the car they should enjoy years of trouble free & reliable operation at 670 RWHP. No full throttle under 2k rpm, cool the car down before putting it up. Change the oil ever 2-3k miles, brake fluid, etc.

Sales pitch aside - reliability is possible if you build/mod correctly & don't run it at 100% every waking moment. Reason why I detuned to run at 10:1 A/F with NO water/****. Also knowing the previous owner who started the mod process and understanding we have the same point of view on mods & not running on the ragged edge. Marty realized the Roe was not going to get him safely where he wanted to be HP wise (reliably) so he sold me the RT and bought a GTS with plans of doing a TT set up eventually. More benefits of buying a Viper in the VCA family.

Correctly modded (and tuned) cars are reliable, very reliable. 830Hp Paxton Gen3's on stock internals would be the opposite of my Gen1 for sale.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep...the torque is an addiction. How's the roll-up windows working out (GTS) - still loving it?

Still love the GTS, miss the power though. I am very close to listing my GTS and moving onto a nice heads/cam GTS. The crazy side of me has looked at a Gallardo and a GTR in the last few weeks, I guess you never know :)

OP
OP
F

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too many choices Marty!

et. al.
Found those NM trip photos. I do have to retract my statement about NOT having any problems on the trip. The 2009 ACR did have a slight issue in Roswell. Some how the pad material on the inside parking brake pad fell off & was gone. Noticed a very faint grinding sound when turning slowly in a parking lot. Pulled the parking brake lever slightly and there it was (louder). Popped the rear wheel off in the back lot of Roswell Dodge - they obviously did not have the pad in stock. Removed the pads all together and finished our trip. RT operated flawlessly.

DSC_0769.JPG

DSC_0784.JPG

DSC_0858.JPG

DSC_0867.JPG

Last edited:

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone needs to buy this car to keep me from being tempted to get back into a Gen 1...this would be the only one I would get into...modded or not, you won't find one better!

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zilla, those are some Great Pics, Thanks for Sharing. That looks like it would be a trip of a Lifetime (get a couple of your best buddies & just cruise to wherever). jmo

OP
OP
F

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks MD! It was actually my wife and 2 boys. She drove the ACR.

Someone placed a bid on it today!!!!!! I'm feeling a lot of seller's remorse & it’s not even gone yet...