September 27-29th – Vipers slither to Biltmore!!! - Asheville, NC

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have I mentioned lately how much I love our members?

I got a very exciting call this morning from a fellow Carolinian and now we are looking to have a great surprise for those attending this event. Not to jinx it, but I am hoping to have it all finalized in the next few days. Hint: It will be a surprising change from the curvy & relatively slow mountain roads that we will be experiencing :cool:

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Motor munts are broken, plus i need to install lowering caps and sway bar bushings, i was going to do a clutch oil change but that will have to wait, i'm still waiting on the parts....

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plenty of folks drive with broken engine mounts (and just don't know it). ;)

Have you ordered the mounts? Marko has done those, and if you have the OEM headers, the mounts shouldn't be too difficult. Caps, etc could be done after Biltmore...

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think i had been driving around witht hem but now it's worse when i accelerate the whole shift knob moves to the right!!!, it can all be done in a day, and i have a mechanic waiting for the parts, hopefully i can make it.!!!

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys, not going to make it. I had some unforeseen financial obligation come up. Hopefully we will make it out next year.

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Biltmore Itinerary:

Friday September 27th, 2013

Member arrival & hotel check-in throughout day
4:30pm-5:30pm | Take a drive on the parkway (note: I have to go to the group sales office @ Biltmore when we arrive, so Stef and I may miss the drive) Suggested route: http://goo.gl/maps/QMv5x
6:00pm-9:00pm | Member Dinner (The Omni Grove Park Inn - Seafood buffet overlooking Blue Ride Parkway) 290 Macon Ave, Asheville, NC ‎

Saturday September 28th, 2013

8:00am | Meet up outside of hotel
8:30am | Members arrive at Biltmore. 1 Lodge St, Asheville, NC 28803
9:00am – 12:00pm | Self-Guided Visit to Biltmore House & Gardens
12:30pm – 1:30pm | Group Lunch @ Biltmore's Deerpark Restaurant
2:30pm – 4:00pm | Scenic Drive leaving from Biltmore
4:00pm – 6:00pm | Surprise Event (Hendersonville)
6:00pm – 7:00pm | Head back to hotel area
7:30pm – 9:30pm | Member Dinner (Carrabba's Italian Grill - near hotel)
9:30pm | The night is yours! Head back to hotel and/or enjoy Asheville nightlife

Sunday September 29th, 2013

7:00am | Meet outside of hotel
7:30am – 8:30am | Group photo in front of Biltmore
9:00am – 10:30am | Member Breakfast (Tupelo Honey - South Asheville location) 1829 Hendersonville Rd, Asheville NC 28803
11:00am | Regroup with your caravan and enjoy the drive back down the mountains!

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gallon of gas.......... $3.79
Lunch at Carolina Bar-B-Que (rendezvous point) ……… $15.00
Souvenir photo at the Biltmore $35
Hotel…..$159
Lack of sleep…….. TBD
Grove Park Inn Dinner/Carrabba’s Dinner and Breakfast at Tupelo Honey …. $0 - Paid by the club
2010 Snakeskin Green ACR…. Um let’s not talk about it 
Spending time and getting to know all of the fantastic Carolina Region VCA members attending…. PRICELESS

Chris/Stephanie, I have attended numerous events in other regions, but this weekend ranks at the top. Cindy and I want to again express our sincere gratitude for the time and effort you invested with this weekend, and it showed. Well done! With you two and Brian and Janelle, we have great leadership with our club and appreciate how much you all do (around your day job) to make sure everyone feels welcome and part of the club. Also, thanks to Barry to help arrange the high speed passes down Hendersonville’s airport runway, awesome!

For those that didn’t attend, you missed something very special, this trip has the potential to really grow. I see this as a signature event, and make a motion to make this trip annually, do I have a second?

I can't wait to see the pic's, talk to you all soon,
Chuck

93viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Chuck I will second it. What a Great weekend. It was our first event outing. Everyone made us feel very welcome. What a great group. I to want to thank all who made it possible. It could not have been any better. Great people / Great food The best / and Great Vipers. Looking forward to next year. Phil

Pat B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to see this event as an annual trip!

I'd like to add to what Chuck has already said; Chris and Stephanie, you guys are awesome - your hard work and devotion to getting all of this setup is greatly appreciated not only from Brittany and myself, but I know from every last member and guest who attended this event. I've been describing this weekend as phenomenal and we can't stop talking about it. We truly are grateful for you guys making this happen; it won't be forgotten.

I am one of the newest members to this club but everyone went out of their way to include Brittany and I and welcome us on board. We loved meeting everyone and getting to know all who attended. We've made new friends and are very much looking forward to seeing everyone again. I can't believe that a car is the reason all of this was made possible for us, but I'm glad it happened. Guess what I've been hearing is true, you come for the car but stay because of the people - I believe it now!

The regional club is in great hands with our leadership; I'm confident of that. Chris & Stephanie, Brian & Janelle - thank you so much!

This really was a special weekend - we can't wait till the next time! To all of our new friends, hope to see you all again soon!

gutterworks129

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This event was planned out to a T! Great food, drives, track, friends, cars, weather, and more! Thank you to all that planned this trip, Chris & Stephanie, Brian & Janelle. I met some new friends this weekend because of a car like Pat said. Its crazy how a car brings all of us together. I had an awesome time, thank you!

MREEVES

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Every thing that has been said so far is so very very true. I would like to add WOW!!!!!! The car is more than cool, but the people are more than great, awesome, or a number of other adjectives to describe unbelievable. Terri and I thank you for all for your hospitality and friendship. We are so happy to be members. Thanks again.

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This event this weekend is at the top of my list with the slaying of the dragon , it was well planned, and with something for everyone, thanks again Chris, Stephanie, Brian, Jannelle, Chuck, Jeremy, thanks for always makng me feel like i am with family, and it was a pleasure to know all the new owners and seeing some of the older ones!!!, thanks Barry for Making it possible for us to have the high speed runs!!!, I sincerely Hope our Carolinas family keeps growing!!!!, and I know that under your leadership good events like this will continue to happen and will be better everytime!! Thank You

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! WOW! WOW! I'm with Angel. This event was up there with the slaying the dragon. Thank you Chris and Stepanie for the superb planning and execution of this event!!! Janelle and I had a BLAST and it was really awesome to see some new members such as Mike, Terri, Patrick, and Brittany. I'm was also glad to see Phil and Melody attend their first event with us.....and that was the first time I met Mike with that synical black ACR. I was also nice to have Ron and Linda get a sample of what our club is all about. And a BIG thanks to Barry for helping us out with the airstrip. I'm so happy our group is growing and all of the new members are a FANTASTIC addition. The theory remains....as Patrick mentioned above, you come for the car, but stay for the people. I might also mention that it was also really awesome to have all the ladies we had in attendance. THAT was impressive. This may have to be an annual event....not sure I can wait much longer. :)

PHOTOS COMING REAL SOON. CHECK BACK TOMORROW. I have well over 200. :omg:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone that attended. That was the greatest weekend I have ever had in the Viper. We look forward to seeing you all again soon!

We are also sifting through hundreds of pics :2tu: Time to get that photo gallery on the website fixed up!

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a blast. I wish I could have made it. Next year I will block off the dates at work and make it for sure.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What else can be said? Thank you Chris and Stephanie...you guys really did an amazing job. Perfect weather, perfect company, perfect location(s). When the only "bad" thing that happens is getting stuck behind an apple truck doing 20 mph for 10 minutes, you know you've had a perfect weekend! I'll second Chucks' motion and will gladly help him organize future events.

I'm still amazed at the level of attention our Vipers attracted at Biltmore. When you have something compelling enough to draw folks attention away from Biltmore, that's saying something!

I have a ton of photos and will get them uploaded this week. Stay tuned!

x60079

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would it just be cliché at this point to say that this was an amazing weekend? I felt completely overwhelmed and grateful to be part of such an great group of people. Sorry Chris and Steph but I need to thank you again...and again...and again. Bob had a great time, he was just ticked to death to be around so many viperholics (I know the Model A Club doesn't get down the way we do!). Looking back on the weekend, I really enjoyed the scenic drives but my favorite parts were the conversations in the garage and at the dinner table. Now I have to begin the countdown to the next event. I can't wait!

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I'll upload my photos into Photobucket, but since there were so many shots, I went ahead and created a video. Excuse the background music as I couldn't use copywrighted material. :)

I have high resolution shots of all of these so if there are any you would like, feel free to shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] and I'll gladly send them over to you.

I also have a high res version of the video which we can post to the Carolinas website...youtube has it's limits which affects the quality somewhat.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjHgkwvEm8M&feature=em-upload_owner

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper