Shame on GM? For you Vette lovers!

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure there is a bit of this going on wth every vehicle manufacturer company today, but all you Vette (GM) lovers on here lately, do you really want to support GM when they do this to the degree shown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo

Yes new Vette like all before it, is built in America but how much of it was really designed here? % of US parts used, etc. on it? I am willing to bet the new C07 will have some very interesting % of in-country parts numbers, not in a patriotic way.

Personally giving Intellectual Property (IP) away in exchange for market *********** like this, is just wrong, wrong, wrong on so many levels. IP is our advantage over others. This is all another form of outsourcing and its affect will have an even more pronounced effect on America in the long run.

I am far from a radicalist and I am pretty sure there are parts of this video which are very extremist but there is something going on at high levels in the business world with the US and China. It is overall not in the best interest of a strong America. Personally GM has never been the same after the turn of the century and I stopped voting with my wallet for their products right around the same time.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the multinationals except the defense ones which are embargoed are getting fleeced over in China for the lure of profit and market share. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. GM isn't an exception here.

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only way to really vote any more is with your bank account. If America really has any kind of economic pull anymore, your vote can be cast to keep these companies and jobs here. The hardest part is figuring out what is and is not being built here anymore. I grew up with strictly GM products in our driveway, I can tell you there isn't one here anymore. Let GM go, quit buying there products and let the next company have a chance of making it by buying their products. I might be one of the only idiots left in stores that actually checks where products are made, and I will be the first to admit its not always easy to find something made here in certain product lines.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody that doesn't believe that Obama is intentionally trying to collapse the US economy is blind. He is all about global government.

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm

....and our Viper is ultimately controlled by Fiat (owns 58.5 %)

Last I checked Fiat is another foreign company. I think they are looking to secure 100% of Chrysler

Sure, maybe better European than Chinese, but really whats the difference ??? the new Viper is far from 'all American' any more.

Matt

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every automaker is trying to get into China. It is the largest untapped market for auto makers. They are all trying their best to get in there. Volvo and Saab completely sold to China. And forget about cars, just about any manufacturing company has plants, offices, staff, etc., in China. Let's not be blind here and think it's only GM and automakers. It's a Global world, and no one deals just with democracies. We sure get a lot of oil from non-democracies too.

So we can't deal with China cause they are communist? This film looks like a propaganda film from 1940. Everything we buy is made in China, and we are happy to do so to save money, other wise Walmart would not exist. I guess Walmart supports communism. Such a dumb film.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right or wrong, globalization is here to stay unless we are all forced back into caves because some retards decided a nuke war was preferable.

Nuke war is not preferable, and I like caves.

China will have a larger economy than the USA by 2020, with India coming in 3rd. The balance of power is going to shift and the technologies that the USA has relied on to be ahead of everyone will be replaced by new ones that may not be controlled by America.

But the USA will remain a very important country and it is in nobodies interest to see it go under. With a GDP set to increase from 15 Trillion to over 24 Trillion by 2020 there is a lot to be positive about. No amount of worry or resentment is going to change what is already under way, so would it not be better to set our minds to adapt and seize the opportunities there are?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2011/05/26/by-2020-china-no-1-us-no-2/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte