> Shocks & Springs for the SRT-10 and their adjustability <

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

I'm not very mechanically inclined when it comes to cars and how they work, so bare with me if this is a silly question:

Is there a shock set up that you can buy for the SRT-10 that allows you to quickly turn a knob that takes you from a stiff road racing type set up to a really soft set up designed for drag racing? Or do you need to get different springs for different set ups?

I ask because I would love to have one all purpose car that I can drag or road race at a local twisty track, all without having to spend hours to swap stuff out.

THanks for any help I can get.

Manny

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That, my friend, is the holy grail. The viper gets you as close as any car to the dual-purpose vehicle but you will always trade off performance in both areas doing it with one set of springs and shocks. The different spring rates needed may be the biggest factor, although front sway bar and alignment are also important.

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi guys.
Has anyone used alignment settings other than stock after they lowered their SRT-10?

For the guys who have installed the Aldans, what do you have your rebound and dampening set at?

I am looking for a baseline for a street setup.
:cool:

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manny, I told you MOTONS. Or try penske. expensive but worth it IMO.

Greg, I ordered a set of Motons, but they only allow adjustability of rebound and compression. Due to the stiff springs, the car should still be pretty stiff, right?

-Manny

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manny,

Each Knob (it's more lie a screw) has many settings. I can't remember how many. The important thing is that the ride is not rough at all. Handling is greatly improved. Call Anthony at B &amp; A auto 914 381-2468. He did the install and could give you some input. Tell him Greg gave you his #.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Aldans are great, they are available in many spring rates. If you really want the car to ride good and still handle, get the 300 spring rate for the rear.

The top knob is for rebound dampening, and the bottom knob is for compression. The more you turn the knob clockwise, the more dampening or if you are turning the top knob, clockwise it will give tighter rebound. As to where these units are in relation to the oem, I would say the comp. and rebound are around oem in the most aggressive setting. They can make it anyway you want. This valving is really catering to drag racers and those wanting a better ride. Spring rates have much to do with these factors also. If you are heavy and usually cary a passanger, don't get the 300 rear spring, the car will bottom out on you. 400 should do.

Skip W