short throw shifter??

4207henri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the difference between a short throw shifter and the kits that shorten your throw?

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A short throw shifter will shorten the throws but not as much as a kit would. For me, the MGW shifter is fine but some would still rather prefer even shorter shifts.

The MGW shifter is quite easy to install where as the kits are more complicated and involved.

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to change my entire shifter to a short throw because I hate the stock one. First, however, I tried the MGW. It was very simple to install (5 minutes) and I love the looks and the shift more than satisfied my. Any shorter and I might not like it. Try the MGW, you'll probably be happy and it looks awesome!

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The MGW makes a world of difference over the stock shift, like night and day. Throws are short and more precise. It is a cheap easy fix to a common problem.

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine through Snake-Oyl Products 608-849-9878, at $350.00, yeah a bit pricey, should of called JonB at parts rack...

I love the short throw, what a differance from stock, and yes I tried cutting down the stock shifter, but , that is all you have is a shorter shifter, does nothing about the throw...

You might want to do a post search, or check with The Wizard(Chuck Tator) I hear there are other shifters on the market as well....

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A short throw shortens the ratio so there is less distance to move it back and forth. It also upgrades the springs so it feels tighter.

Shortening the shifter kind of shortens the throw but it does not really improve the feel.

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
www.mgwltd.com

The only downside about the MGW setup is that it takes a little more muscle to shift. The upside is that I never miss a gear when shifting (I did a few times with the stock shifter). They have pictures on their website of the shifters they offer.

ggc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Archer has a Hurst shifter, which is apparently the same as on the Competition Coupe. Does anyone have experience with it. I wonder if it is better than the B&M or MGW?

OP
OP

4207henri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is the first strike or the gripper the same for shifting length? Is one better than the other??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32