Should I change the color of my 97 GTS

ewave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it looks like I've got to paint most of my car, so I'm debating a complete color change.

More pictures can be found at:
http://www.electrowave.com/viper

If you've got the stomach for damage...

Normally I would think changing the color from original as sacrilegious, but the car has 64K miles on it, and I doubt this particular one will every be considered a collector.

Anyone have any recommendations, or know of any sites that show good or interesting color schemes?

Paul
You must be registered for see images

Rare1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You already have the best colour there is on a GTS!!!!!
I would stick to it
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Mikael

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yuck...I agree, blue and white is teh best colour!!

Did you get hit, looks quite localised...Hope your insurance
will cover it.

Tomer

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone done a british racing green viper? With silver stripes it would look really really sharp I think. I have a photoshopped GTS in BRG (or close to it) I'll email it to ya if you like? What year is your car?

Craig

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JP Viper:
That blue is truly awesome, you might want to consider the same blue with Silver stripes such as the one on the new raffle car.

Good luck with your project.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exactly what I was thinkin. But the Blue you have now was the best color to come out for the Viper in my opinion!!
cool.gif

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm surprised they didn't total it. Looks pretty extensive where the impact happened.

If you have any reservations in changing the color don't do it.

If your mind is set and just looking for confirmation from your fellow brothers and sisters, then I say go for it. You can do some neat stuff.

OP
OP
E

ewave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. The purists will be happy to know that I've decided to stick with the stock color scheme.

Huffines in Lewisville is doing the frame repair, and the cost for this only came to about $1800.

I'm thinking of having Gary Dafratus http://www.defratus.com/default1.htm do the paint work after I get the car back from Huffines.

Paul

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian R