Should I Upgrade to an 08

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What chassis changes? I dont remember hearing of any changes besides engine, transmission, rear end, and tires.

Nader --

No changes to chassis/suspension components but the engineers on the SRT live chat did report that they recalibrated the suspension components for the new, non-run flat Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires.

/Rich

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Bentley GT has 554 hp, and the new 08 Bentley will have 600. I raced an BMW M5 w/ 500 hp in my SRT, believe it or not, I had my air conditioner on, my wife in the car, full tank of gas and my top down. Yes I pulled the M5, but it was no cakewalk. The new CL Benz is talking hp numbers way into the 600 range. I think ALL Vipers should have 575-625 rwhp minimum to really protect the brands image and menacing reputation!

Oh, and yeah, I doubt that Corvette SS aka Blue Devil aka Stingray will have more than 650 hp. BUT, do not sleep on the Chevy boys...they make WAYYYYY more Vettes than Chrysler makes Vipers, and they have the big money to throw at a project like that.

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I just wanted to say thanks for all the input...Looks like I will be keeping the Bee!! I couldnt get the deal I wanted and with delivery sometime in Nov. it would be sitting for the first 6 months:(.....Iam not mad since I do own a beauty and will not be 13K + more in debt.I also REALLY love the BUMBLEBEE paint combo....Whats really great is the wife ok'd the 08 too:D Shes a keeper!!...I really thought about the comments posted here and all of them made sense on both sides,lol...I dont plan to drag the car so the 500+ will be fine for the street..Plus like some noticed I dont drive it much. .I will probably change the wheels out to HREs add Motons,exhaust,s/shifter,maybe gear swap and down the road see what Mopar has to offer from the 08...to improve drivability.I PROMISE I WILL START PUTTING SOME MILES ON IT!!!....Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions and congrats to all the future 08 owners as it sounds like a great Viper:headbang:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you! Just drive your awesome Viper and put some miles on that thing! Don't save it for the other guy! And by the way your wife is a Keeper.