Side Sill Stone Guards, Pre-Order Information!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Protect your Side Sills! As many of you SRT-10 owners know, it only takes a handful of miles to chip up the front of your side sills... and by the time you do 3 or 4 oil changes, you are lucky to have any paint left at all! Stop it DEAD in its tracks! These guards cover from the top edge of the side sill all the way down to the lower splash shield, and back behind the tire.

These stone guards are CNC machined, and use all of the same fasteners your car came with. No extra drilling required! They are made from a semi-gloss rubberized plastic, and will not crack or deteriorate over time. Simply take out your three front sill screws, the three lower splash shield pins, and put these in its place.

Please note, the picture below is a prototype piece which was hand formed... and I never want to have to do it again! ;) The actual parts will be CNC cut, and will be semi-gloss, not full gloss like the part below.

Please order from the link below. As soon as we have ~50 pre-orders, we will start production, and get the first batch out within a couple weeks. I would not anticipate long before these pre-orders are filled judging from the response in the other thread. We are hoping pre-orders may be wrapped up by the end of the holidays! I apologize for the picture contrast, tough to get a good shot against White!

*****ORDER HERE*****
https://www.viperspecialtyperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=172
*****ORDER HERE*****

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0354.JPG
    IMG_0354.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 1,453
  • IMG_0355.JPG
    IMG_0355.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,446
  • IMG_0358.JPG
    IMG_0358.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 1,453
Last edited:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they are very nice- but i think u need a rear set to match.it would fulfill the car to match the front

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
they are very nice- but i think u need a rear set to match.it would fulfill the car to match the front

We will be working on this next actually, but I would like to gauge response first, since the rear usually sustains much less paint damage than the front. The big issue is that the rear would likely require additional screws. Not a big deal for most... but I will have to see if I can find an economical way around this issue.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
another note if you want to make some extra money- make some for the dodge challenger,everyone would buy that style. it is a great feature for all cars. front and rear- for it is a great look and protectant.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
another note if you want to make some extra money- make some for the dodge challenger,everyone would buy that style. it is a great feature for all cars. front and rear- for it is a great look and protectant.

My father actually has a Challenger SRT-8, so I might have to take a look when the weather breaks. [We are talking about Buffalo here, so that could be August! LOL]

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
front and rear would sell better in my opinion- they are a great desighn. make them for the viper and challenger- its a great hit.

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
front and rear would sell better in my opinion- they are a great desighn. make them for the viper and challenger- its a great hit.
I agree front and rear. I will take a set when they are available.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably to late to change the design by now, but I wonder what it would have looked like to have it taper in towards the top. Would have been more attractive in my mind.

Order placed

michaelnouri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whats the need for rears? they never chip up, front wheel is turning and spraying all the time on the alum rocker panels! not to mention most srt barely had enough clear on the exhaust sills, almost dry shot.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whats the need for rears? they never chip up, front wheel is turning and spraying all the time on the alum rocker panels! not to mention most srt barely had enough clear on the exhaust sills, almost dry shot.

It would be nice to have a match and look stock rather than just fronts and look like something missing

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HI Dan I would be interested . Would like to see them at our next club event, to finalize . :2tu: :)

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but at this rate, they may not be available at all. I cannot invest the money in the tooling and material, and have hundreds of these things cut out unless I have a certain number of pre-orders. I have done that dance before, and I am STILL sitting on "promised orders". This thread was for the first batch of discounted Pre-Orders, all of the "promising" was done on the last thread to get a prototype designed and have me get things set up for machining and material. Here are the pictures, and they can be made in a matter of a week or two once we have enough pre-orders, or at least having it LOOK like they will sell well. Without the pre-orders, I will not push the magical button that sticks me with a small fortune of these sitting around.

I know its a rough deal, but we are only talking about a 100$ part here that instantly saves you from 4-500 in paint work, and WOULD be available almost immediately if people would just place their orders. In this economy, I cannot afford to throw money around anymore unless it is a sure thing. Hell, your Credit Cards wont even be CHARGED until I decide on the "YES" for production, so all pre-ordering really means is that you are serious enough to put all of your information on a set of them. [PayPal Payments obviously exempt from this, I cant control them sending the money]

I really don't understand the need to hold orders up for the rears at this point. As Mike pointed out, the rears are not the problem, the fronts are. These guards are BARELY visible when installed, that was the point of this design in the first place. Also, as noted before, I will certainly not be investing even more time and money into Rears until we see if the Fronts actually sell. And if we do Rears, we will certainly offer them individually so they can be added to the Front sets.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Probably to late to change the design by now, but I wonder what it would have looked like to have it taper in towards the top. Would have been more attractive in my mind.

Order placed

Its not too late, but remember that it is only protruding about 1/8" along the edge of the sill, any further in and it wont even protect the front edge.

Last edited:

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan:

I certainly believe in your product and wasn't hesitant about charging it through my Pay Pal account. I gotta believe from reading this board for years and reading about people complaining about the chips, that people aren't jumping on this. The price is fair and the product seems right. Not sure if you can do this or not, but start a thread under the SRT-10 forum to let these guys that aren't reading about new products know about this product. I hope you get enough orders to follow through as I certianly would like to have a set.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
I also think the holidays are affecting the sales. A lot of people aren't at home, are traveling, as busy with family, etc. Not everyone is an Internet ****** :eyecrazy::comp2:

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A1998 & Unratld; I certainly understand what you are saying and the holiday season... that is why I am not being too hasty and pulling the plug on this just yet. I will give it some time and see what happens. Hopefully as people return things will speed up a bit. Thanks for your support!

Slypopsracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Order Placed!!! But I believe I agree with slysnake.By keeping the overlap minimal it might eliminate the "mud flap"look. For all the effort on probably the most needed accessory for the SRT, Thanks Dan!!!!

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ordered. As I noted in the dev thread... I'm already missing one of the original "flaps" :)

Thanks for making these Dan!

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Dan offered the new head gaskets for the Gen 1, I ordered a set, just to have them in case I ever needed them. I paid on credit card and he did not charge me till he had the part, so you can trust him. :2tu:

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan, How and when will we know that you will go ahead with production? Bump.

I will post on this thread that things are officially rolling when I decide for sure. At this time it looks doable.

If this rate of sales keeps up, I would say that by the end of the coming week we could move over to production, but the people on the fence need to step up and git 'er done!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
keep on the back burner for the rear for the viper and front and rear for the challenger- i will but both sets- anywho, if you want to talk to the challenger folks go to challenger z .com or challenger talk . com- it could make you a load of dough. they all are stone guard junkies

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just thinking of having it taper to flush at the top. I don't think it gets blasted up there and I thought it might look more "OEM" to have it that way. But you probably are more aware of the real look of it than I am. Not a big deal. In any rate, I've placed my order and hope it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth