sidewinder wheels

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the sidewinder wheels came stock on any version of the srt Viper or if were they an option. I am looking for a set with tires. thanks

eagles

TommyLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those were standard on the 2005 Copperhead. They are also available through Mopar, as an accessory.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
YES they are!

The SET saves 35 lbs of rotating, unsprung weight. The look is macho, vs 10-spoke OE SRT wheels. Nice, deep offset.

We also have new Copperhead Track Wheels due in next week, silver powdercoat only, under $2600 PER SET OF FOUR!!!!!! Fits all years.

YoungDoc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
how much will that calculate to in savings for the quarter mile?? i know unsprung weight is huge but just how huge for this car... i'm experienced with vettes sorry :(

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB --

Do you have any additional information on the Copperhead Track Wheels you mentioned? Same appearance as the sidewinders except for finish? Same weight? Thanks.

/Rich

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these are Forged or Cast?

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
TommyLee,

I just bought a set and they look very good. They are made in Japan, which is OK and they fit the stock low pressure sensors perfectly.

I couldn't imagine they would be anthing but forged at that price, but could you give me your source? I can't find any specs on these wheels anywhere.

Thanks,

Dan

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have sidewinder's on my 06 coupe, and I just Fked my right wheel up. Took the wheel off to wash the brake dust from the inside of the wheel, and it slipped out of my hand's and fell flat on it's face :( . The good thing is that I was going to have them powered coated black. Just nicked the out edge of the wheel. I hope the powder coating will cover the damage up. Oh well live and learn,

viperrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe the 5 spokes that are optional on the '06's are the same as sidewinders. I haven't seen the '06 optional 5 spokes but from the various pictures including the factory website they do not look the same.

Bill

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10300P1010003-med.JPG
arent these sidewinder's

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe the 5 spokes that are optional on the '06's are the same as sidewinders. I haven't seen the '06 optional 5 spokes but from the various pictures including the factory website they do not look the same.

Bill
I think the 5 spoke you are talking about are these ones, so yes they are different.
103002912-47-1.jpg

fastfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10300P1010003-med.JPG
arent these sidewinder's

They look like sidewinder wheels because the spokes go toward inside of the rim. The optional 5 spoke wheels, the spokes go toward outside of the rim. There is a lip all the way around the sidewinder wheels and not on the optional 5 spoke wheels.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10300P1010003-med.JPG
arent these sidewinder's

They look like sidewinder wheels because the spokes go toward inside of the rim. The optional 5 spoke wheels, the spokes go toward outside of the rim. There is a lip all the way around the sidewinder wheels and not on the optional 5 spoke wheels.
I agree with you totally on the optional 5 spoke wheel, where the spoke's go towards the outside of the rim, I posted a red coupe with those type wheels, also the wheels with the spoke towards the outside also came with the FE's. This coupe howeve has the spoke going towards the inside of the rim like the sidewinders, they even have the srt stamped on one of the spoke's. I just want clarification that my car has sidewinders or not. Does dodge make another will that has the spokes going to wards the inside of the rim, If not my guess this car has the sidewinders.

kickinasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets be clear about one thing. The Sidewinders that came on the Copperhead convertibles are a differnt rim then what is being offered on the coupes/converts today. There is a physcial differnce (although small) but a big weight difference.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets be clear about one thing. The Sidewinders that came on the Copperhead convertibles are a differnt rim then what is being offered on the coupes/converts today. There is a physcial differnce (although small) but a big weight difference.
I know what the difference is, by looking at my previous post with 2 different coupes you can clearly see the difference.

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
twinturbo3150,

You have the Sidewinder wheels. They are identical to the ones I just bought from Parts Rack.

Dan