silver state classic

pauljkopick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Who has done this? What class first time out? Maybe just go as fast as you can & not worry about being disqualified? Rules say first time out 130mph class with a top trap speed of 165mph allowed.Input please.

Johnbennett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This race is a lot of fun!!! I have been running it since 1999 when I bought my RT/10. I am on the conservative side, so the first time I ran it I selected 105 mph. It was like cruising the freeways. Since then I have run it at 125mph and 145mph. This year I ran both races. My son (navigator) and I finished 2nd place in the Gold Rush race this year at 144.6903. The following week I ran the race at 145.79. Got the tech speed both weeks at exactly 165mph. I recommend this race; it is a blast. If you feel comfortable with your car you should have no problem running 125 or 130mph the first time.

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first time out I entered 150 class 165 tech speed.
I needed a waiver to do that.AVGD about 151 lots of fun.
Don't expect to win unless you are right on. i.e. 150.10 avg was
I think 7th!!!

Roger Morgan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul,
for info see www.silverstateclassic.com The next event is May 15-18, 2003. This event should have 20 or more vipers there and our Team Viper will try for first place this time.
Now is not to early to start thinking about attending. We have a block of rooms reserved at the Nevada Hotel-tell them you are with the Viper Team.
More info will follow shortly for those that want to be on the Team but it may be limited because several people have already expressed interest. Arizona will be represented as well as Nevada, California and ?
What class you enter depends on your comfort level and saftey equipment on your car. GTS or RT makes a difference. Tires above all are really important. Even though a fun event you cannot do to much in the safety area.
We do have a great time over the 3 days.

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rooms are filling up fast. I would strongly recommend for anyone planning on attending make room reservations ASAP!

Roger I'm going to be there again.
patriotx.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang