Silver State Combined with VOI - Car Storage for the Week

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few of us from S. Calif. who have entered the Silver State before are planning on running it again the weekend of Sept. 15-17, leaving our cars/trailers in Las Vegas for the week and returning for VOI.9 on Monday, Sept. 25. If you've ever crested a hill and seeing miles of empty black road all the way to the horizon, thought about going for it – but risking another ticket, insurance rates and safety held you back - this event is for you. Since it takes place eight days before VOI, it would be great to get a big Viper turnout and, for those coming from other parts of the country, it's an opportunity to enter a pretty unique event

For those who don’t know about the Silver State, check out their website at www.sscc.us for details. In addition to the featured 90 mile high-speed event on Sunday, they run ½ and one mile drags and a 0-100mph-0 event on Saturday.

I’ve been in touch with the Silver State organizers and asked if they could arrange for a good storage location for the week. Not only have they come through with storage at their event hotel, Sam’s Town, but anyone looking to stay in Las Vegas for all or part of the week before VOI.9 can get their event rate of $45/night. Below is a copy (with permission) of an email from the Steve Waldman, the SSCC President, with the specifics. Please note a few other details: you don’t have to stay in the hotel to store your car/trailer at Sam’s Town that week; cars can’t be stored on their trailers in the parking structure due to fire dept. regulations; they can be stored on their trailers in the outside lot or you can split them and put your car inside and leave your trailer outside; don’t plan on using old, cupped, patched or plugged tires - they’re not safe at speed and won’t pass tech inspection.

Any questions, email Steve at [email protected] or PM me and I’ll try to help. And finally, at this past May’s event, some of the S. Cal. Viper owners planned a great no-host dinner the night before in Ely and we took over a few tables at the Sunday night awards banquet back in Las Vegas. I suspect we’ll do it again in September.

Copy of Email with Details:
David,
To follow up on our telephone discussion, here is the information that you require.
1. For those that are planning to come to the Silver State Classic Challenge in September and wish to extend their stay after the event, I have spoken with Sales Manager, Beverly Prather at Sam’s Town Hotel, and she will extend the same special room rate of $45.00 per night. Just be sure to mention that it is the Silver State Classic Challenge when booking the reservation. The phone number is 800-634-6371 – for Beverly Prather her direct (702) 454-8122. Beverly’s email address is [email protected]
2. For those who would like to leave their cars, they can use garage #3 and the trailers can use the open lot behind garage #2. All parking areas at Sam’s Town are patrolled by security.
3. Whoever might require tires – they can go to Discount Tire at 2741 E. Tropicana – phone (702) 434-5963 – which is approximately 10 minutes from Sam’s Town. Brian Swann is the manager and the assistant manager is David Immel. This facility has the latest, up to date DSP 9700 balancing machine, which makes it easy to handle those wide Viper tires. Email address for Brian is [email protected]

Looking forward to seeing you in September!
Regards,
Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187