Sirius Question?

shmoos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has had problems with their Sirius radios. The problem i am having is static. Sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn’t. For example, yesterday i arrived to pick my son up at daycare; I turned my SRT-10 Quad Cab off and went inside. I was in there for about 10 mins. When i returned and turned my truck back on Sirius was all static. I could hear some music in the back ground but static was over powering it. I have tried many different things to get the static to go away. Like turn to reg radio on then turn the truck off then back on and switch to Sirius, that didn’t do it. I tried turning off the radio and then the truck, that didn’t do it.
Only thing I haven’t done yet is remove the radio and reseat the plugs in the back of the radio. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive been wondering the same thing lately. it seems they have changed something and not for the better. reception has been worse.

i also have had static at times recently. with both XM and sirius

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Never had any static. The only problem is that Sirius goes dead for a few seconds when there are trees in the way blocking satellite reception...

OP
OP
S

shmoos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my truck in for service. while it is there i am having them check to see if i have the current firm on the radio. that might fix the problem.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive been wondering the same thing lately. it seems they have changed something and not for the better. reception has been worse.

i also have had static at times recently. with both XM and sirius

Are you sure it's static and not just not your EXHAUST NOISE??? ;)

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the longest time now in central NJ all we have had is Satt signal from Sirius, and NO Terrestrial at all. It is like this even into Eastern Pa. Sometimes it takes my radio a while to locate a Satt. Until then, nothing.

When I was down at the Shore, I had full strength with both Satt and Terr.

Go figure.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32