small oil leak

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have noticed two small marks on my garage floor on the passenger side. I will be changing the oil next weekend. This will be my first time changing it. Are these cars notorious for having faulty valve cover gaskets or oil cooler lines that leak? Just trying to be prepared. Thanks in advance

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
valve cover gasket or oil cooler lines. Thought mine was cooler lines but after closer look it was the valve gasket. Torqued it up and there is balance back in the kingdom.

OP
OP
D

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's an 06. I was just assuming since there were two spots it was most likely oil cooler lines.

Thanks guys

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My DS valve cover gasket looks like it's leaking a little also. That or the oil cap isn't sealing 100%. Anyone ever seen it leak @ the oil cap?

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an 03. My cooler lines leaked a couple years back. I also have a tiny leak somwhere around the pan gasket. Never enough to drip on the floor, but there is a tiny amount on the bottom of the AC cooler line.

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have not come across the cap leaking, but it could I guess. Check if the cover is torqued to the right specs. That is most likely where the troll is hiding.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
valve cover gasket or oil cooler lines. Thought mine was cooler lines but after closer look it was the valve gasket. Torqued it up and there is balance back in the kingdom.
Anyone have a photo of what we're looking at? Diagram?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh