Snake Skin Pattern on SSG w/black stripes - thoughts on how to best do this?

Swanny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Considering an '09 or '10 SSG with black stripes. If I wanted to paint a snakeskin pattern (like the picture attached, which is Maurice Liang's hood, although I might carry the stripes through the front fascia) can that be done on top of the factory black stripes or is it better to do it at the same time the stripe is painted all in one step?

Looks like PreFix does this kind of work. Anyone else?

Attachments

• ssg-hoodsnakestripe.jpg
    ssg-hoodsnakestripe.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 83

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go with the pros at 5dcollision... Home

You must be registered for see images

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering an '09 or '10 SSG with black stripes. If I wanted to paint a snakeskin pattern (like the picture attached, which is Maurice Liang's hood, although I might carry the stripes through the front fascia) can that be done on top of the factory black stripes or is it better to do it at the same time the stripe is painted all in one step?

i agree, call 5DCollision. he has custom painted many vipers and a few other really neat trinkets i got to see just this last weekend at our valentines day party. he does very nice work. he is located in Champaign IL.

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive seen scott's work first hand, and its the best paint work I've seen.

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had Prefix do the snakeskin stripes on my SSG vert. They did a great job. But Scott has it down pretty well, he can do the same, he'll take more time, and he'll charge you ON THIRD.... We're glad to have him part of our club. He's done a lot for the members. When you talk to him you'll see he's very honest and credible. Highly recommended by me and many of the IL region members.

JackDud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has this ever been done on an ACR with a driver's stripe?

[media]http://jackdud.comuf.com/Stuff/SSG.jpg[/media]

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Prefix did Maurice's stripes and the darkest color is the first to go down so having it striped black from the beginning shouldn't be an problem.

Here is another shot of his car:

ssg21.JPG

OP
OP
S

Swanny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had Prefix do the snakeskin stripes on my SSG vert. They did a great job. But Scott has it down pretty well, he can do the same, he'll take more time, and he'll charge you ON THIRD.... We're glad to have him part of our club. He's done a lot for the members. When you talk to him you'll see he's very honest and credible. Highly recommended by me and many of the IL region members.
Any pictures?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang