So what's dodge's answer???

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what\'s dodge\'s answer???

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

How can you even think for a second you are being competitive if you aren't racing internationally in a factory backed effort. It's sad.

OP
OP
C

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: So what\'s dodge\'s answer???

That's not the point. The point is to race a representation of your roadgoing car to build brand image.

The GTS-R shared very little with the road GTS as well.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

D-C's North American sales up significantly this year. GM's North American sales down significantly this year. Maybe new Vette can turn things around for Chevy.

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How can you even think for a second you are being competitive if you aren't racing internationally in a factory backed effort. It's sad.

Moderator, please ban this guy. I am fed up by his meaningless posts. He does not own SRT, does not want to own one, from his post above you can see it's between HIM and his ego and US (poor SRT owners). W(hy)TF should I segregate his bloat from posts regarding our poor cars?

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I guess its just one of those things that you just wouldn't understand unless you actually own a viper!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just another magazine racer wanner be!!!!!

oh by the way i have my answer and it looks like this

6400IMGP2702-med.JPG

IT sounds like this
DLM/VOS/PAXTON

VD..

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score

D-C's North American sales up significantly this year. GM's North American sales down significantly this year. Maybe new Vette can turn things around for Chevy.

Believe it or not there is a lot of Corvette in the C5-R/C6-R.

They run stock Z06 trannys, suspension (though higher rated springs) chassis, body panels (once again tweaked). And now they will run the same block, rotating assembly, heads, etc as a stock C6 Z06.

There's more OEM equipment than most realize.

VetteGuyAdam

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Like the C5-R before it, the Corvette C6-R starts from production roots: the same hydroformed frame rails that roll down the assembly line at the Corvette plant in Bowling Green , Kentucky are sourced for the structure of the race car. With the new C6 production model measuring shorter in overall length (but with a longer wheelbase), race car engineers faced a new set of numbers in which to achieve their goals to make the car faster on the 180-mph Mulsanne Straight at Le Mans and other high-speed circuits."

From: https://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2006/C6-R.shtml

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The real reason? There isn't enough money in the Viper program's coffers. The circle-**** that is NASCAR is their main concern.

In addition, the ex-pres, Bernhardt(sp) did not like racing, foremost at LeMans. Supposedly he'd had bad vibes about it ever since the whole Mercedes flipping incidents.

It should also be worth noting, that the C6R hasn't been as fast as the C5R in any of their track testing. From what my GM Racing frends have been telling me, they've been scrambling like mad to get the thing to par.

OP
OP
C

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess its just one of those things that you just wouldn't understand unless you actually own a viper!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just another magazine racer wanner be!!!!!

oh by the way i have my answer and it looks like this

6400IMGP2702-med.JPG

IT sounds like this
DLM/VOS/PAXTON

VD..

:)

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

FWIW, it was my understanding that the C5R shared nothing but the windshield frame and parts of the frame-rails with the production C5.

But that C6 is a very pretty car; it almost looks like a Callaway in the overhead picture.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Dear Craig,

Gee, I think DC already answered this, and did it so many more could participate in Pro-Racing than just a few select drivers in a Full Factory Team.
Heck, in fact, one little old Privateer from Duluth, Minnesota, cleaned the clocks of the Huge Cadillac and Audi Factory teams, and took the crown for Dodge. So ,after Tommy Archer took the crown for the World Challenge Series, some other guy from Ohio, popped up and won the Rookie of the Year -- gee, it was in another Compe Coupe. So, I guess , I feel DC has already answered this, since this car has been out awhile, and I am pretty damn proud that some dedicated engineers from SRT have produced a 150K race car to compete with the extreme high dollar factory teams.

Waaaay to go Tommy Archer( WC GT Champion) and Mike McCann ( WC GT Rookie of the Year ).

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Once again, Ramen Noodles doesn't know what he's talking about.

Seriously, Craig, why do you continue to troll here? I say troll because:

You don't own a viper or viper powered vehicle

You don't have anything positive to say about anything Dodge

You whine and complain about SRT design all day long

You're oh so valuable opinion to Dodge- has been noted.

Have you been skipping your Stuart Smalley classes again?

OP
OP
C

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dear Craig,

Gee, I think DC already answered this, and did it so many more could participate in Pro-Racing than just a few select drivers in a Full Factory Team.
Heck, in fact, one little old Privateer from Duluth, Minnesota, cleaned the clocks of the Huge Cadillac and Audi Factory teams, and took the crown for Dodge. So ,after Tommy Archer took the crown for the World Challenge Series, some other guy from Ohio, popped up and won the Rookie of the Year -- gee, it was in another Compe Coupe. So, I guess , I feel DC has already answered this, since this car has been out awhile, and I am pretty damn proud that some dedicated engineers from SRT have produced a 150K race car to compete with the extreme high dollar factory teams.

Waaaay to go Tommy Archer( WC GT Champion) and Mike McCann ( WC GT Rookie of the Year ).

You and I both know that the while the competition coupe is a great car for the series it races in, it is nothing compared to the calibre of racing in the ALMS and FIA racing circuits. I was watching some of the FIA coverage on motorsport mundial on Speed yesterday and there was a comp coupe out among OLD GTS-R's and it was getting absolutely pummeled.

As far as I'm concerned dodge is laying down and dying and handing the title over to the Vette.

It's pretty sad that the only factory backed comp coupe was entered in Drifting. Good to see Dodge knows where to best allocate it's racing budget :rolleyes:

Who wouldn't want to see the Oreca GTS-R's whooping ass on the vettes again?

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It just isn't gonna happen Craig. There hasn't been an official factory time for 5 years. The Viper's racing days are done, and it appears nobody gives enough of a crap about the car to see it race.

Believe me, I'd love to see it, and even then, guess where all the best GT drivers from ORECA went? To GM's Corvette team.

Remember Olivier Beretta, the guy who won two LeMans in a Viper, and two ALMS seasons? He's driving the yellow machine now. That, for me, was the straw that broke the camel's back. DC just doesn't care.

OP
OP
C

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Couldn't agree more.

I live approx 25 mins from Mosport and I was always there when the ALMS series visited. I'm still going but it just isn't the same.

Mercedes is too busy dumping $$ into F1 to get their asses kicked to see the value in this type of racing.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Things go in cycles, and Vettes weren't in the equation when ORECA was running. At this point, I find it alot more impressive that the largest group of cars in the World Challenge GT series is Vipers, and whereas everyone has their own opinion about different groups, there is continued , tremendous growth with WC over the ALMS - so I think DC made a good move. With Tommy winning, McCann doing so well, maybe we will see some Factory Support in 2005, but no Manufacturer is going to be in every series. Watching both of them , on the same track ( Laguna Seca ) there was no doubt the World Challenge Races were more exciting. We all have our opinions, but the SRT lead even has Ford thinking about doing a possible Mustang for sale to racers - factory built. In conclusion, I feel DC did answer, it is just not the one you wanted, and with around 50+ Comp Coupes sold to racers, I would estimate they feel this is more impactful than a couple of Vettes running in a class with no competition.

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I remember the good old days.

*points to the magazine ad on the wall*

"Hisssstory lesson.
Viper: 12 wins Corvette: 0"

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Things go in cycles, and Vettes weren't in the equation when ORECA was running. At this point, I find it alot more impressive that the largest group of cars in the World Challenge GT series is Vipers, and whereas everyone has their own opinion about different groups, there is continued , tremendous growth with WC over the ALMS - so I think DC made a good move. With Tommy winning, McCann doing so well, maybe we will see some Factory Support in 2005, but no Manufacturer is going to be in every series. Watching both of them , on the same track ( Laguna Seca ) there was no doubt the World Challenge Races were more exciting. We all have our opinions, but the SRT lead even has Ford thinking about doing a possible Mustang for sale to racers - factory built. In conclusion, I feel DC did answer, it is just not the one you wanted, and with around 50+ Comp Coupes sold to racers, I would estimate they feel this is more impactful than a couple of Vettes running in a class with no competition.

It also helps that CC's are considered a steal (+ - 140K) when compared to other cars in the same class. DC is doing great with the CC in this area but I think many people would like to see the car raced at different levels.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, it's a corvette. Wedge shape and boring. now it has outside headlights. Go buy your corvette, I'll stick to the Viper thanks very much.

Gerald

OP
OP
C

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm not knocking the Comp coupe program at all, I think it's fantastic and the car is undoubtedly a heck of a performer. I'd just like to see Vipers beating up on Corvettes at international venues.

How far out of GT class is the comp coupe to run Lemans/Rolex etc???

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think that Vette looks good, great looking hood. Should put it on their new Z06. They should add the diffuser too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte