So who was it that got busted?

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard through the grapvine that someone in the North suburbs of Chicago got nailed going 165mph in their Viper GTS
eek.gif
Heard it took a lot of $$ and connections to keep him out of jail.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked my Wife and she said it wasn´t her!!!
supergrin.gif
bounce.gif
She´d have been in big trouble as she is supposed to keep it under 160!!!
laugh.gif

So who was it??

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever it was they obviously weren't practicing the "TooFast" method.

TooFast?

uh, oh!

Time for a head count!

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard about some guy driving 175 mph on the NJ Tpk at 3:00 AM with no headlights. Rumor has it that he was wearing night vision goggles. Don't know if it's true but it's a cool story regardless.

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR Joe,
175 MPH on th NJTPK?
confused.gif

I have the technology, but it was NOT me.
laugh.gif

BURNOUT.gif

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Birvini:
HMMMMM, I wonder if this persons name starts with a P?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.

OP
OP
Z

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Birvini:
HMMMMM, I wonder if this persons name starts with a P?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This guy got caught so it wasn't him
laugh.gif

This guy must have not known he was clocked and when he was driving normal speeds the trooper caught up to him. Unless he just stopped on his own
confused.gif
Passing a stationary tropper at 165mph would have given you an opportunity to exit before the trooper even gets going.

I'll try to find out more info from my buddy that told me.

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ZX1100:
This guy got caught so it wasn't him
laugh.gif

This guy must have not known he was clocked and when he was driving normal speeds the trooper caught up to him. Unless he just stopped on his own
confused.gif
Passing a stationary tropper at 165mph would have given you an opportunity to exit before the trooper even gets going.

I'll try to find out more info from my buddy that told me.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you the same over at the Vette forum?

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ACR Joe:
I heard about some guy driving 175 mph on the NJ Tpk at 3:00 AM with no headlights. Rumor has it that he was wearing night vision goggles. Don't know if it's true but it's a cool story regardless.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My friend sent that article via email...It was a doctor in a Ferrari F50 and he was clocked at over 200mphs.....Unfortunately it was a while ago so I dont have that email anymore..Im gonna do a search on yahoo and see if I can track it down....He did have nightvision on....

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Scott. Maybe we need to bail him out.

OP
OP
Z

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Birvini...Hey, how's it going? Yeah, it's me, the same ZX1100 over at the Vette forum
smile.gif
We met at D&B's and you were at Vettewrench's BBQ, right?

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was me. Just wanted to see if you were who I thought you were. Anything going on around Chicago land with either club that you know of?

OP
OP
Z

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Birvini...the Vette guys planned a Starved Rock cruise today only if the weather was good. I believe the backup plan was to go to ******* for lunch. I couldn't do either outings because I played some football with my buds. No major injuries to report but I'll be very sore tomorrow
frown.gif
It's a weird feeling when you think you are running all out and you are just at jogging speed
eek.gif

We're going to have to get the local Viper guys to do something.

Also, this morning around 3:30 a.m., I ran up on a white RT/10 with blue stripes on 355 going north. Anyone know who that was?

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by ZX1100 on 11-10-2002 at 03:15 PM</font>

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ZX- I can never seem to do anything with the Vette club. Always seems to conflict with work. It would be good to get some of the local Viper folks together. Whenever you hear of anything, let me know!!!!

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How fast is a stock ZX100 in the 1/4 mile?? I ran one on sat. and got him good out of the hole , up to the middle of third gesr , and then he pulled me about two car lengths.

OP
OP
Z

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CycleRyan...I never ran my bike at the track for fear of my life
smile.gif
I would love to someday but have raced it on the street a few times. Cycle World magazine had the ZX11 doing 10.2X in the 1/4 at 140mph or so if memory serves me right. I have full exhaust and headers on the bike with some Performance Machine wheels. I dynoed the bike years ago at 138rwhp whick isn't too bad for no motor work. You hung in there pretty good if it only got you by a car or so
smile.gif
I haven't had a chance to race any Vipers yet but all other comers were dusted pretty good
laugh.gif

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I know there was a duo south of DC who got busted a few years back drug running in a Vector with nightvision gogs. Its begining to sound more urban legend than fact, but I do know the DEA auctioned a Vector out that year so...

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a good pair of NVGs. The problem with driving fast with them would be bloom from any headlights pointed your way from the other side of a divided highway. If there were no car lights or highway lights, I think it would be workable. I've never tried to drive with mine but I'm thinking it would be something one would need to train for. I don't think someone could just jump in the car and drive fast with them.
It would be very easy to rig the car with IR headlights. This would be invisible to anyone without NVGs.
I'm editing this just to say that I think that actually driving with them would be way too irresponsible to be really fun. Talking about as a point of speculation is ok.

OP
OP
Z

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now I hear that someone wrecked their Viper Tuesday morning and it was on the morning news
frown.gif

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill Pemberton:
Hmmmm.....160-175 at night and a deer crosses the road. That do sound messy!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bill,
The Deer are afraid of snakes!!
laugh.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4