Sold The Twin Turbo

02 F.E. TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2002 Final Edition Heffner Performance twin turbo has been sold to a well known tuner . I had called him for help because my AEM/EMS had gone bad. During the discussion I mentioned that it was for sale on this board and he said he was interested in buying it. Long story short, when he saw it he had to have it. I am pleased to report that Plum was wrong when he said I wouldnt like the selling price. I liked the price when I bought it and when I sold it.
Thanks to all for your responses.

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on the sale! May I ask if there was anything you did not enjoy about having a TT Viper?

I ask this because I purchased my 99 GTS to twin turbo it, which is not a cheap project. However in the little over a year of owning the Viper, I have seen countless TT Vipers going up for sale, some even just weeks after being completed. What is the reason?

The Viper stock is an absolute thrill to drive and own, I never get tired of it like I did with my Supra's. I would think a TT Viper would add even more enjoyment to the car.

I guess I understand if the owners are just sick of the old and want to step up to the next big thing, but is their any negatives to a TT Viper that some of us are not seeing?

OP
OP

02 F.E. TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on the sale! May I ask if there was anything you did not enjoy about having a TT Viper?

I ask this because I purchased my 99 GTS to twin turbo it, which is not a cheap project. However in the little over a year of owning the Viper, I have seen countless TT Vipers going up for sale, some even just weeks after being completed. What is the reason?

The Viper stock is an absolute thrill to drive and own, I never get tired of it like I did with my Supra's. I would think a TT Viper would add even more enjoyment to the car.

I guess I understand if the owners are just sick of the old and want to step up to the next big thing, but is their any negatives to a TT Viper that some of us are not seeing?

Rest assured I LOVED my TT Viper. I only sold it for financial reasons. Actually, I still have a sick feeling in my stomach for letting it go. Why have a Viper if you cant have one of the baddest ones on the planet was my motto. I always thought it better to buy one already done to the max than trying to do it after buying a stock one . JMO. The car was really a pleasure to drive but you have to drive it. Hope to be back in one someday.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO NEGATIVES THE ULTIMATE DRIVING EXPERIENCE WHEN YOU HAVE 1000 plus h.p. And 1000 rwtq.....just like different toys from time to time...don't have to worry about ZR whatever's....and love to hurt their feelings......:D:drive::drive::headbang:

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I am sure mine will be up for sale when I get tired of playing with it and ready for Viper number 10.....:headbang::beer::2tu::rolleyes:

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONGRADULATIONS on the sale......glad u stuck to your price...we won't give these Bad boys away.....NOTHING beats driving a TT Viper experience.....only a badder TT car...but that is a select few

OP
OP

02 F.E. TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Roy. Your point is well made, when you have a well tuned TT you dont have to deal with adding this and that and you dont sweat anything on the street. It is a good feeling knowing you are at the top of the food chain while on the street. Good luck with yours and be safe.

1.8t

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You sound like me. I bought my 99 to TT as well and just paid for the RSI TT Street kit a few weeks ago. Only had the car for about 5 months, but I don't like wasting time lol. I too enjoy the hell out of the car with just headers and exhaust, but I purchased the car because of its amazing profile and ability to make big power on pump gas. I probably have 40hrs of pure wrench time in the car since purchasing it, preparing it for the TT's. Will be nice to finally come full circle.

drlee50

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Owning a TT viper does require some mechanical knowledge and skills . There are little things that will come up. minor oil leak hear and there, melteld air filter or plug wire etc etc. piggy back ecu systems can act up. Etc etc. if you can do stuff yourself, tt car is the best! if not, a supercharged car may be better.

OP
OP

02 F.E. TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Owning a TT viper does require some mechanical knowledge and skills . There are little things that will come up. minor oil leak hear and there, melteld air filter or plug wire etc etc. piggy back ecu systems can act up. Etc etc. if you can do stuff yourself, tt car is the best! if not, a supercharged car may be better.

I agree. Its not always a turn key and go operation. My AEM was showing signs of going away which was a pain till she finally died. You also have to know when you can punch it and when not to. Im sure you enjoy yours. Best of luck with it.

drlee50

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im getting a stand alone ecu very soon . Sct and vec 3 work, but not for max power. As is tho, i love it . probably only 800 hp at 12 psi, but still loads of fun!

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:omg: I also LOVE my TT car. :headbang::headbang::headbang: It's a real Drug you can get hooked on. :nono: I'v had a couple issues with the AEM O2 sensors but as far as having power, I know of nothing else I would rather own. I believe many people who purchase a TT car don't realize how powerful the car is and become afraid of it. It's best they do sell the car. :dunno:

1.8t

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im getting a stand alone ecu very soon . Sct and vec 3 work, but not for max power. As is tho, i love it . probably only 800 hp at 12 psi, but still loads of fun!

Why would you need a VEC 3 with an SCT? You have complete command of the stock ECU with the SCT.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg: I also LOVE my TT car. :headbang::headbang::headbang: It's a real Drug you can get hooked on. :nono: I'v had a couple issues with the AEM O2 sensors but as far as having power, I know of nothing else I would rather own. I believe many people who purchase a TT car don't realize how powerful the car is and become afraid of it. It's best they do sell the car. :dunno:

LA Viper........enjoyed your visit here at the house and look forward to having you come by anytime and when u gonna join us on a cruise ????? hope to see u at Cruzin the Coast in Oct.......we will be there.......:beer: :drive: :D

OP
OP

02 F.E. TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats. So who picked it up? NY car now?

I dont think he would mind me revealing his name. Aaron Scott, owner of South Georgia Corvettes www.sgvette.com. One of the nicest guys you will ever meet. He adopted Vipers in 98 or 99 and added them to his line up.

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LA Viper........enjoyed your visit here at the house and look forward to having you come by anytime and when u gonna join us on a cruise ????? hope to see u at Cruzin the Coast in Oct.......we will be there.......:beer: :drive: :D
I plan on being there myself on the 13th.

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You sound like me. I bought my 99 to TT as well and just paid for the RSI TT Street kit a few weeks ago. Only had the car for about 5 months, but I don't like wasting time lol. I too enjoy the hell out of the car with just headers and exhaust, but I purchased the car because of its amazing profile and ability to make big power on pump gas. I probably have 40hrs of pure wrench time in the car since purchasing it, preparing it for the TT's. Will be nice to finally come full circle.

I have been seeing a lot of quality TT builds coming out of RSI and their prices seem to be extremely fair. I hope to be giving them a call sometime this year.

Let us know how yours turns out. The wait must be hell.

drlee50

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you need a VEC 3 with an SCT? You have complete command of the stock ECU with the SCT.

I dont have the sct software. Got a base tune to set the timing flat in boost and i use the vec to fine tune from there. SCT does not have logging capability so... the vec does. much easier to tune when you can log a run and they look at results and make a change. As I have gotten closer and closer on the tune, sean roe takes the info from the vec 3 and puts in into the sct and i reflash. then fine tune more and more. problem is, the factory ecu can still "learn" and the tune changes over time. you have to disconnect the ecu and clear it learn and then its good.... for a while. the vec is limited in what it can do obviously too. stand alone is the way to go. and also, you can only go 14 psi boost with a sct.

1.8t

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gotcha. I was planning on using ScanXL for my logging software for the SCT, but it is interesting to note that the Vec can log...I didn't know that. If you turn off your LTFT's in the SCT, the tune shouldn't be altered from a WOT fueling point of view. The rest of your fueling should be targeting stoich(low load cells), which should be commanded somewhere within the SCT.

There will always be multipliers such as coolant temp, IATs, etc...but those adders are there to account for a dynamic system and to keep the a/f ratio and timing in the correct range as the conditions change.

drlee50

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gotcha. I was planning on using ScanXL for my logging software for the SCT, but it is interesting to note that the Vec can log...I didn't know that. If you turn off your LTFT's in the SCT, the tune shouldn't be altered from a WOT fueling point of view. The rest of your fueling should be targeting stoich(low load cells), which should be commanded somewhere within the SCT.

There will always be multipliers such as coolant temp, IATs, etc...but those adders are there to account for a dynamic system and to keep the a/f ratio and timing in the correct range as the conditions change.
well, in an ideal world...sure. but in reality, with 96lb injectors and a custom camshaft and slightly lower compression etc etc...doesnt work that easy ! LOL for a simple stock engine , with a roe or something, the vec would work for my setup, it works, but u have to remain on the safe side and compromise one part of the tune for another.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4