Some 03' suggestions for the folks at Viper...

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some 03\' suggestions for the folks at Viper...

Hello to anyone at Viper;

I am a current 01' RT-10 owner. I have also owned a 98' Silver RT-10. I have been to the factory, and love my Viper! My name is on a wait list with my local dealer for the 03' Roadster.

I have a couple of requests for the 03':

1. Would you please include a remote garage door opener with possibly 3 buttons? Some of us live in areas where we have an entry gate to our homes, as well as multiple garages. I have a hard time fumbling around looking for the correct one. I don't like to clip them to my visor because they fall off, and because of possible theft. A built in programmable remote would be VERY WELCOME to us roadster owners!

2. Remote trunk opener (and a good light)

3. Please let us know what the color choices will be! I am hoping for a silver of some sort.

4. Easy access for battery tender hook-up. Maybe a positive and ground post linked to the main battery behind the side slit. This would save alot of hassles! Currently, when hooking up for storage we must open the hood, attach the alligator clips, route the cord safely, and reclose the hood (and hope you don't bump the wires or you have to do it again).

5. Power mirrors that have enough adjustment for tall folks.

6. Please offer the 03' to Viper owners/VCA members first.

7. I miss the "sport bar" rollbar look of our current Vipers. I think it really enhances the design. It is probably to late to re-design that.

8. Can we order the 03' with stripes? Could you show us a picture on this site of what it might possibly look like?

Thanks alot for reading my suggestions. I don't think any of them are unreasonable or costly.

sincerely,

jim wallace

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Some 03\' suggestions for the folks at Viper...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jwwiii:

1. Would you please include a remote garage door opener with possibly 3 buttons?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

More horsepower instead.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
2. Remote trunk opener (and a good light)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

More horsepower instead.

3. Please let us know what the color choices will be! I am hoping for a silver of some sort.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just make sure there's red.

4. Easy access for battery tender hook-up.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

More horsepower instead.

5. Power mirrors that have enough adjustment for tall folks.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

More horsepower instead.

6. Please offer the 03' to Viper owners/VCA members first.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah!

7. I miss the "sport bar" rollbar look of our current Vipers. I think it really enhances the design. It is probably to late to re-design that.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed.

8. Can we order the 03' with stripes? Could you show us a picture on this site of what it might possibly look like?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No biggie

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was just reading in that book shown on the main page titled "VIPER" (go figure) by Dan somebody that they're planning on 8-13 per day. Hmmm lets see, 8*365.25 = 2922; 13*365.25 = ~4700.

So much for the good old days of limited production. Even at 8 it's more that they rolled out in any given previous year. At 13 it's more like 2-3 years normal production.

What a disappointment. Get 'em early because they'll only be a rarity for the first two years like the PT cruisers. After next year those things'll be more common than mosquitos.

Also says that Mr. Lutz isn't exactly thrilled about the redesign, even has some choice phrases that he uttered like "Sanitized for your protection".

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

2TALL:

5 day work week MAX!

260 days, and I believe the entire plant closes for two? weeks.

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robert Dyck:
03 Suggestions?.....go back to the drawing board.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Couldnt agree more...

SRT#655

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I for one would be really happy if they just put a normal A/C Heater control system that would regulate the temperature of the A/C. The rest the TEAM will take care of. Does anybody know anything about this issue?

Just Wait'n
Lee

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

2tall offers a great Lutz quote. I also seem to remember that in Lutz' book he says, "too much quality can kill you". Hmmm. Maybe he'll take that thinking to GM.

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score

Climate Blend, I believe, has been addressed:

You must be registered for see images

TAPROOT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree with the Corvette part. I feel the Viper should continue to be a raw bare bones hot rod with very basic features. It makes the car seem a little more exclusive or "race car like". As far as the 03 and the design I would have to see it in person! It may have to grow on me thou... And if I were to buy a 03 or + it would be a second Viper
devil.gif

OP
OP
J

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score

To those of you with the negative attitude;

What gives? I don't want a dang Vette! Yes I want more horsepower, no, I don't want an auto tranny.

I would greatly appreciate a simple, programmable remote opener though. So why the attitude? Does that wussify the Viper? Is it going to really compromise the performance? Would it make you less manly? Give me a break!

Maybe some puka shells and a "Thunder Chicken" on the hood. Yeah baby... oh, and an 8-track.

Come on, does sarcasm really accomplish anything when someone ( a fellow owner and enthusiast) have an honest suggestion?

I enjoy this site, but the superior attitudes are getting really old. The lack of snotty folks who own Vipers is one of our biggest assets as owners. Don't forget, those who criticise most usually have the problem; themselves. Can't we all just get along?

Sincerely,

Jim

YellowSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ENOUGH POWER TO BEAT ALL RICED-OUT CARS ON THE STREET AND A THIRD SEAT FOR MORE WOMEN.

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

An automatic at 500 ft/lbs? Be careful what you ask for. Automatics in Suburbans have a shorter lifespan than 2nd Lieutenants in Da Nang.

Seriously, I'm a bit fan of automatic trannys, but I'm not convinced that ANY of them (even the E55 tranny in the mercedes) can sustain the driving habits of most of the guys on this board at that level of torque...

John Moore

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Maybe some puka shells and a "Thunder Chicken" on the hood. Yeah baby... oh, and an 8-track.

Come on, does sarcasm really accomplish anything when someone ( a fellow owner and enthusiast) have an honest suggestion?

I enjoy this site, but the superior attitudes are getting really old. The lack of snotty folks who own Vipers is one of our biggest assets as owners. Don't forget, those who criticise most usually have the problem; themselves. Can't we all just get along?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what's your problem?

Just get a multifunction remote so the rest of the nation doesn't have to pay for something they'll never use. I agree with the horsepower! Anyone with a Viper ever not use WOT?

ViperLSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is in reply to 2Tall and Joe Houss.
The 2003 production is going to be 10 cars a day. That's only one shift a day. We (the whole plant) get 2 weeks down, 7-9 working days off for Christmas, 1-2 days for Thanksgiving, and at least 5 other Holidays off each year. It's 3:55am and I'm to tired to do the math. So I'll leave that to you guys. Let me know what you come put with.

Thomas a.k.a. ViperLSS......only until my 40th Birthday
laugh.gif

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Using the numbers that Thomas gave us that would equate to around 2,450 Vipers if they had no other shutdowns during the year and hit the 10 cars per day.

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score

Thanks Thomas!

By the way,

You're a star! Check out Dan Carney's new book!

OP
OP
J

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Fellow Viper enthusiasts;

I apologise for MY sarcastic response to some responses to my post on "03' Suggestions". I should have realised as I pressed the "Post" button, that my desire for a programmable garage door opener would sound stupid. I set myself up for "high flammability" bait. I want the same things ALL of you want: MORE HORSEPOWER, etc. I am on your side! But wait... there's more to this opener thing... .

I noticed that Afy reported that he wrecked his Viper (I am truly feeling your loss Afy, glad your OK) and I was reminded of why I posted that request for the progarammable garage thing. I almost wrecked my Viper after I accelerated to avoid getting hit by a gravel truck on a rural road. The remote flew off my visor, and hit me in the eye (ouch). I avoided the truck, but cursed having to carry 3 remotes in a vehicle which has little space to begin with. I also get frustrated fumbling around for the right one. Finally, there is the THEFT factor. If you have a gate in your community, you jeopordise other folks security if your remote gets stolen.

There, I feel better. Maybe you guys know of a quality, multi-function programmable remote that would solve my problem. I would enjoy hearing from you.

What did you think about my other suggestions, like the more convenient placement for hooking up a battery tender? I think we would all appreciate that, based on the number of posts about dead batteries and alarm problems.

Have a great Thanksgiving. As always, I appreciate the vast knowledge of this group.

Sincerely,
Jim

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ViperLSS:
This is in reply to 2Tall and Joe Houss.
The 2003 production is going to be 10 cars a day. That's only one shift a day. We (the whole plant) get 2 weeks down, 7-9 working days off for Christmas, 1-2 days for Thanksgiving, and at least 5 other Holidays off each year. It's 3:55am and I'm to tired to do the math. So I'll leave that to you guys. Let me know what you come put with.

Thomas a.k.a. ViperLSS......only until my 40th Birthday
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geez. 5 weeks off per year, not including personal days? I want that job.

It's amazing that the auto companies make any money at all.

Oh, wait a minute...

;)