Some new pics with Splitter and Skirts

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took some new pics today with splitter and side skirts installed.

Let me know if you notice something else a bit different than the normal SRT.

498100_1141-med.JPG

498100_1148-med.JPG

498100_1143-med.JPG

498100_1145-med.JPG

498100_1146-med.JPG

498100_1147-med.JPG

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good...Something different...is it the viper banner on the front windsheild?

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ding ding ding. I mean how many 3 seater Vipers are there? :eek:

Ah, but there is one more unique thing I forgot until I blew the picture up larger.

pjb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY NICE!! where did u get the splitter and skirts. im just not sure i could get around anywhere w/o scraping that thing since my car is lowered. looks great though.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ding ding ding. I mean how many 3 seater Vipers are there? :eek:

Ah, but there is one more unique thing I forgot until I blew the picture up larger.

Your "fangs" emblem is Red.

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, not the headlights. But you are getting warmer.

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes! I could not stand the non-descript Fangs emblem side by side with my Gen I so ... As soon as they brought out the Mamba I had my answer.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, leave it to me to rain on the parade. Anyway, extra stuff like this takes a car that’s already really hard to keep clean and makes it even harder to keep clean

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I got the side skirts with the intent to reduce the amount of stone chips on the front fender area. So I am hoping it is the inverse. Not sure the impact on drag, but it seems that the splitter adds a fair amount of downforce (I have a good story to tell how I know that).

And yes I know they add weight. But I think I have the power to motivate it :)

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, not the headlights. But you are getting warmer.

Matching front emblem?

You must be registered for see images

:p

Nice car. I saw a black one as well as a red one at the dealer today and they were both stunning. The SRT's really look much better in person than in the pics.

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to let the emblem thing slide by (we have had enough attack threads of late) and just say "Thank You."

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense but to me the side splitters look a little too much like all of the Honda ricer body kits I see. They all have sharp angles and don't flow with the curves of the car. That being said, I'm sure there are a lot of folks who think what I have done to my GTS is also rice. The point is - its your car and you can modify it any way you like.

Bob K

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not into the look at all. The srt doesn't need side skirts at all, and the splitter is weak at best. I was expecting to see a nice functional carbon piece with the little reinforcing struts. Now that would be hot, ala comp coupe and all.

Not to sound like an ass but the "ricer" mods fit very well with the baby seat, prett evident you have no intention to use the car in any extreme fashion so it works. Enjoy those sunday cruises around the lake.

*cough* POSER *cough*

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
acrdakota - ah but my friend I bet I have more track miles on it than you have. Look at my avatar - taken between turns 1 and 2 at Gingerman. No intention indeed.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron-
Where did you get the Viper decal? I've been thinking about that myself, I like the look. And if I don't once it's on big deal rip it off. What vendor?

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The side skirts are from Autoform. The splitter is from Michael Gardner of Kansas City who makes them [email protected] . The decal I got from Steve Loudin [email protected], or 800-352-3300. Steve Loudin also has the side skirts and is a poser (come on Steve just egging you on).

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also wanted to mention the baby seat uses 2 of the six point seat belt mounts on each side for when I am not using the six points. Very easy in and out so it is in only for those family cruises. And yes my SRT gets both modes of operation.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not feeling the side skirts for similar reasons as have been mentioned. The splitter is alright but should have been wider to fit the front cap. Heres what my photoshop of what I think would look better...Its been a while since I did this ps but if I remember correctly its one of Doug Levins cars. I just added the CC front splitter and support rods...Looks more ****...

179783SRT_Project_001-med1.jpg

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lest you think Ron is just a poser, let me point out that he took top time for modified SRT-10's a week or so ago at the MCVO Autocross at Chelsea Proving Grounds! :headbang:

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing the amount of knocking from gen 1-2 car guys, if you do something to a these they look great, change anything on an SRT and your a ricer, I would hate this place if it became us and them.

IMO all the Vipers look great and having owned my SRT10 for a month now it drives and sounds so much like my first RT/10 a car I loved and that is always the challenge for DC it needs to be new but it needs the soul of the previous models.

Imagine the Viper with no SOUL :eek: :eek: :eek:

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron, If that is egging me on, come on you can do better than that. Poser AH!!! Will you be at Viper Days this weekend? My car is getting a new clutch and flywheel right now. The Autoform Comp Coupe hood is being made and should be ready to Viper Wars at the end of the month@ Gingerman. Poser AH!! bring it on my friend. Just for reference I am currently third in the national standings for the Modified class with Viper Days.

Yes, I still have the windshield decals (red,silver,black, and yellow)and the fader graphics which are available through Autoform and Parts Rack. Additionally I now have a SRT10 Fangs logo flag, it is 36" X 60" in white with Red graphics. If interested send me an email and I will send you a picture, as I still don't know how to post pictures. [email protected]

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front splitter mounts to the headlight supports, and the frame. It requires you to cut your front fasciain order for it to mount flat. Also, the cable mounts mount to HUGE frame reinforcing pieces where the tow hook mounts, etc. It's not a reasonable mod for a street car - as you have to extend the front frame horns in order for it to work as on the Comp Coupe. Now - it's possible to forgo the cable mounts, but not sure how much (if any) downforce it'll give you. Of course, the COmp Coupe splitter isn't a huge downforce creating piece anyway.....

Wing - same thing - it mounts to a HUGE reinforced frame section. Mounts are what would be in the trunk and without reinforcement, any downforce would most likely seriously damage the trunk.

Hope this helps.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the side splitter/skirt a lot. I'll probably get one. How does the front of the car look without any kind of splitter once you add the side splitter -- i.e., does it look funky?

Being just a few inches off the ground in the front must = a lot of scraping everywhere?

How much did you lower your can and what did you use?

-Manny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang