SPECIAL NOTICE FROM PERFORMANCE MOTORSPORTS

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry Macedo formerely of Performance Motorsports left his job, without any notice, this weekend. Larry had been working for us for two and a half years. We received an e-mail from him this morning that told us of his departure without any explanation. We are sorry to see him take this unexpected action for no apparent reason! We are now looking for a good Viper tech. For further inquirys call me at 407-366-0366 or e-mail me at [email protected].

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll come work for you. Im really good at taking parts off the shelf and installing them on MY car. I'll show you during an interview if you want. Only thing is I ONLY work on MY car
laugh.gif

OP
OP
G

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chuck for your reply. Larry left without any notice! He left my race car on the lift in the shop without finishing it for Putnam Park in Sept. Libby and I are shocked at his actions. Not professional after all we did for him. I treated him like a son and this is what I got!

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
Sorry to hear that Gary. I always liked Larry and know that he did a great job keeping your VRL Viper in great condition.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

come on Chuck, we all know you have larry locked in your basement.. let him go already, the jokes over.. you can work on 2 vipers by yourself, you dont need Larry!!
smile.gif

- eddie -

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary,

I little off topic - but I own your old '98 red GTS. I have been re-building/upgrading/customizing it for the past 11 months. I'm almost finished and it will look A LOT different from when it left Florida.

I'll forward some pics in 4-6 weeks.

I hope everything get straightened out with you and Larry.

Anthony

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's too bad that Larry left... I wonder what happened?

Gary, if I was nearby I'd help you out with finishing up your car. I'm sure some of the local talent will step up to the plate and get you what you need in time for the race. If there's anything I can do, gimme a shout!

CoryMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll volunteer my services and apprentice at the shop next summer
smile.gif
. Maybe if I learn enough I could even make it a full time job if I end up at UCF (which is more than likely). I hear that's the way to go...teach them young (will be 18)
laugh.gif

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary, if you need any help getting it ready for Putnam let me know.

BTW I still haven't received the security info I need to update the website.

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant believe all of you get on this topic and say how sorry you feel for Gary that Larry left him. Obviously none of us know the whole story but if you listen to just the part that Gary has to tell I am sure it will sound like poor little Gary got left all alone. I am sure Gary had plenty of fault because if things were so great than why did Larry leave. If I was Larry and was doing all the work around the shop and getting none of the credit but having to split all my profits with Gary and let him take all the credit for the nothing he did I would leave as well. Lets just leave it at this.... "Sooner or later the monkey had to leave the organ grinder."

PS Best of lucky with your new job Larry. Make them bowties as fast as you can.

Mark

Dave Golder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
**** I guess I need to cry about one of my employee's. Bob took a long lunch today. That SOB!

Good Luck Larry!

Dave

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 9secRT:
I cant believe all of you get on this topic and say how sorry you feel for Gary that Larry left him.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoah Mark, you're reading more into it than is there. It's a dissolved partnership between individuals well known in the Viper community but nobody is dis'n Larry. In fact, reading the post objectively it looks like everyone knows that there are two sides to every story and they’re just acknowledging Gary’s situation. Best of luck to both.

BTW Larry, I hope you got my check for the CD. Cash it ASAP.
laugh.gif

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary, I would offer to help but as you know all that would amount to is your car staying on the list and me cleaning the wheels!

Good luck in your search!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
Whoah Mark, you're reading more into it than is there. It's a dissolved partnership between individuals well known in the Viper community but nobody is dis'n Larry. In fact, reading the post objectively it looks like everyone knows that there are two sides to every story and they’re just acknowledging Gary’s situation. Best of luck to both.

BTW Larry, I hope you got my check for the CD. Cash it ASAP.
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said Chuck, every story DOES have 3 sides...

Gerald

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HMMMMMMM,DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF THIS MINI DRAMA IS SOME HOW RELATED TO THE PLANET OF THE APES MOVIE?THANX!

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry to hear of the split but classy of Larry not to air it here.
yes it would be entertaining
bounce.gif

but not really the intelligent thing to do.

The only thing I am bummed about is he left before I could get my engine done yellow!! oh well, I will keep searching for this is my upcoming winter project.

good luck to all parties involved

JIM

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I take the job do I get a company plane or anything? I'm guessing that it would take me fifteen hours or so each way to work and back from Maryland, that doesn't leave much time for working I guess. Good luck.

V10Nationals.com

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary,

I am sure that you know the reasons why Larry left. Nobody leaves a job when he is happy without an explanation. I am sure that you had issues for a while that were making Larry unhappy that make him leave.

I have known Larry for only a few weeks but I am sure that everyone else that has met him will agree that he is very professional, courteous, and very knowledgeable and that he would go out of his way to make his customers happy.

A person with those personality traits I think would have left at the best terms unless something pushed him over the edge.

I don’t know what has happen between you two and it is not really my concern. However, I don’t think it is appropriate to talk negative about Larry just because you might be angry.

I think your message should have been more like:

"Help wanted - Performance Motorsports is accepting applications for a Viper Tech position in Oveido, FL. Larry Macedo, our previous Viper Tech has decided to continue his career elsewhere. If you interested…etc. "

With that note, I wish best of luck to Larry on continuing his career and best of luck to Gary finding a replacement.

P.S. *** Moderators, why is this topic under "Performance Modifications"?? It does not contain any information about performance modifications. I think it belongs to "Off-topic". Please provide an explanation or relocate the message to a more appropriate forum"***