speeding + wreckless driving = no ticket

BlackSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was showing a friend the Viper today. We were out at lunch so traffic was pretty heavy. I was a little disappointed that I didn't have an opportunity to show him what the Viper could do. Then all of a sudden I got a break on Allen Parkway (west of downtown Houston). I was first in line at the red light with no cars ahead of me that I could see.

Let me paint a picture of what happened next.... Light turns green so I nail it. We're pinned to the seats as the tac approaches redline. I slam it into second, tires spin and the tac quickly races to red again. I shift to 3rd and we're full speed ahead. I'm about to shift to 4th when I notice a smoky tailing me (ok, he was way, way behind me with his light on). I apply the breaks, pull to the side of the road and patiently wait for the policeman to walk to my car.

The charges: Exhibition of Acceleration, Wreckless Driving, Speeding at over 100 MPH (obviously). Did he take me to jail? Nope. Did he impound my car? Nope. Did he even give me a ticket? Nope. I didn't even get a warning. He complemented me on a job well done and asked that I 'save' that kind of driving for the country. He then walked back to his car, got in, and drove off.

My passenger was speechless as was I.

The light shineth upon the
You must be registered for see images

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get strange stuff like that all the time. The local cops AND state troopers wave to me all the time (and I wave back). It's like some sort of a club or something. I am pretty sure it is the car color.
You must be registered for see images

Seriously, I have a great respect for the law and only get mildly stupid if there is wide open road with ZERO possibility of hurting somebody else. It's one thing to get stupid and injure yourself, it's entirely another when you hurt a bystander. I believe that many law enforcement personnel take that into consideration if they happen upon your "lapse". If you are driving like a maniac in traffic or a residential area with side streets, be sure to enjoy your ticket or have bail money ready...

Chris

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Y2KGTS:
If you are driving like a maniac in traffic or a residential area with side streets, be sure to enjoy your ticket or have bail money ready...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nobody will disaggree with that! But doing 90 on the open highway doesn't deserve a ticket.

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allen Parkway isn't exactly an open highway.

I ran my Porsche 944TT pretty hard down the same route. It's kind of pretty with some nice curves and ups and downs.

The curbs along that route are a little unforgiving.

Brings back old times.

Thanks for the post.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96