Spoiler Installation...need feedback!

angleiron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I could not leave things well enough alone, and I persoannly like the spoiler on the rear of the car...it adds to the car. Well, I drilled the holes...sweat bullets doing it..but the spoiler is on the car.

Seems though there is 1 bolt on each side that ain't going to get a nut because these holes that were drilled had them going into and area that I cannot access (molded area that supports the trunk is where the hole went into. So...is the answer that a hole has to be drilled into that molded area so the nut(s) can be installed?

I like the look, just want to make sure that I finish the installation in the way that it is supposed to!!! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
A

angleiron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
umm, call me crazy, but if you would have used my shop we would have had a post that said.....LOOK AT MY KICK ASS SPOILER!

Hmmm...making fun of me does not help me at the moment! :crazy:

I used the template that came with the spoiler, that used the edges of the deck lid for alignment...and it looks to be exactly where it needs to be...as I compared it to other pics that I had of other cars...and it looks to be right where it is supposed to be compared to the pics.

if you think I need to bring it in to finish this off, then I will do so...just throw me a bone here! :2tu:

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I drilled a larger hole 3/4" to allow a 10mm socket through and after I installed the nut (carefully) I placed a rubber plug in the hole and haven't noticed it since. Let me know if you would like a photo of the finished product and I will get one for you.

Ps. drill from the top to locate your hole then enlarge it from the bottom

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I take it your on about the Mopar rear wing for the RT/10..
I have fitted two of these now and like Knight Viper said,You need to drill bigger holes then put in the bungs that came with the kit....
If you plan on putting the trunk struts on you will now need two..

OP
OP
A

angleiron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys...I was hoping that was the case and yes...it is the Mopar rear wing for the RT/10. A picture would be cool...just to get an idea of what the finished product should look like.

OP
OP
A

angleiron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some last minute questions? Is it advisable to use blue loc-tite for the bolts/nuts? Is there an approx. torque value for the nuts once applied? I got the spoiler when I bought the car (it was part of the deal), and there were no plug/inserts for the holes that I am about to drill into the truck support frame portions. Any idea on the size that I would need (even a manufacturer/location would be cool too).

Phil Lee 94 red RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hole plugs are about 1". They come with the kit. Since you don't have them, just go to home depot or are NAPA parts store and buy them to fit whatever size hole you drill.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here ya go!!!!!!!!!

3964Pict1005-med.jpg

3964Pict1007-med.jpg

3964Pict1006-med.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member