SRT 10 WHEELS

tomscorvette

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello again, has anyone ever removed the clear coat on the rims? i have a couple of spots on the rear rims where the clear coat has come off and used mothers aluminum polish and it is shinier than the clear coat....:rolleyes:....It realy looks awesome :2tu:
Tom

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you remove all the clear coat and polish them, they will look real nice, but plan on polishing them every couple months if you want to keep them looking that way.

You might think about having them chromed.

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you remove all the clear coat and polish them, they will look real nice, but plan on polishing them every couple months if you want to keep them looking that way.

You might think about having them chromed.

I did. :2tu:
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
T

tomscorvette

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Boy 10 ****** they look great. Thats what I would expect after I used the mothers alluminum polish and seen that deep shine. Have you ever used the Foose power cone by Mothers?
Tom

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boy 10 ****** they look great. Thats what I would expect after I used the mothers alluminum polish and seen that deep shine. Have you ever used the Foose power cone by Mothers?
Tom

10 ******'s wheels are chromed, they are not polished. I've polished metal pieces before, and although they can look shiny, they won't have the depth that a nice triple plated chrome part can have. I would have had Calchrome do mine if not for the long down time and shipping costs.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Had a set chromed too.

Easier to keep clean when chromed.

The new aluminum polishes applied to "bare" aluminum wheels come pretty close to chrome in the "shiney" department - just not the depth.

Dan

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Exactly. That's why they are clear coated in the first place...... to prevent the bare aluminum underneath from oxidizing.

ghengishahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Exactly. That's why they are clear coated in the first place...... to prevent the bare aluminum underneath from oxidizing.

I often say that different is not necessarily an improvement.

If the wheels came from the factory without a clear coat....we'd all be hissed and think what was Dodge thinking. But then again we could have a thread about how to best clear our wheels. :rolaugh:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery