www.srt-nationals.com

The 2004 SRT-4 National Meet
The Mardi Gras Nationals
Track Day: February 20, 2004
Show Days: February 21-22, 2004
Lamar Dixon Expo Center
9039 St. Landry Road
Gonzales, LA 70737

Viper owners in the East TX, and LA are might want to look into this event for a little inexpensive track time at the new No Promise Raceway. Our region had an event there last year, all enjoyed:

Here is the track day's tentative schedule:

Assuming that the gates open at 7am to allow for track use at 8am.

7:00 Check-in at Registration to sign waivers and complete paperwork
7:30 Mandatory Drivers Meeting "Hello, Thank You, Keep it Safe, Passing Zones, Hand Signals, Flags, Incidents come out of your next sessions time, Have Fun, Keep the Paddock Clean, etcetera, etcetera...
7:30 Mandatory Corner Workers Meeting - whatever they do at those meetings...

8:30 Instructors on Track session 1
8:55 Checkered Flag
9:00 Advanced on Track Session 1
9:00 Mandatory Classroom Session for ALL Novice groups
9:25 Checkered Flag
9:30 SRT-4/Other Novice on Track Session 1
9:55 Checkered Flag
10:00 Viper/Ferrari Novice on Track Session 1
10:25 Checkered Flag

10:30 Instructors on Track session 2
10:50 Checkered Flag
10:50 Advanced on Track Session 2
10:55 Mandatory Classroom Session for All Novices
11:10 Checkered Flag
11:10 SRT-4/Other Novice on Track Session 2
11:30 Checkered Flag
11:35 Viper/Ferrari Novice On Track Session 2
11:55 Checkered Flag

12:00 Lunch

1:00 Instructors on Track session 3
1:20 Checkered Flag
1:20 Advanced on Track Session 3
1:40 Checkered Flag
1:40 SRT-4/Other Novice on Track Session 3
1:50 Checkered Flag
1:55 Viper/Ferrari Novice on Track Session 3
2:15 Checkered Flag

2:20 Instructors on Track Session 4
2:40 Checkered Flag
2:40 Advanced on Track Session 4
3:00 Checkered Flag
3:00 SRT-4/Other Novice on Track Session 4
3:20 Checkered Flag
3:25 Viper/Ferrari Novice on Track Session 4
3:45 Checkered Flag

Track Closes at 4PM

rezin8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys! Greg Ledet here, the promoter of the 2004 SRT Nationals. As a PVO Vehicle owner, I thought it would be a great idea to put something together where the SRT-4 owners could get together with other speciality Dodge vehicles and have a little fun. This is going to be a blast guys! This is an event that you can make an early vacation out of. There's going to be a track day on the Friday, with a MONSTER car show on Saturday and Sunday. A HUGE Masquerade party on Saturday night with live music and cajun food, and tons of other things. For you die hard racers out there, No Problem Raceway is having a full blown race on Saturday the 21st of February. Your car needs to hae a 6 point cage and pass an SCCA inspection to race on Saturday. Friday is just for fun. Not only will all of this be going on, keep in mind that Mardi Gras Day is Tuesday, the 24th! You can come down and hang out for Mardi Gras as well! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me at [email protected] or [email protected]. I've already got a couple of Vipers signed up, so come on out guys and have some fun! Just don't be mad if some "Neon" beats up on you on the track... (You guys should remember the SRTGURL vs. 96RT10 video...)

Take care and see you at the track!

Gregory M. Ledet

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds mucho fun, especially since it is Winter in many parts of da World ( it is a balmy 6 degrees out this evening in Nebraska )and there could be some Viper Drivers with Viper Racing League or SCCA Snakes that might also want to go down and terrorize the populace with their racing Serpents. There is a race on Saturday, and Viper GT-1s,GT-2s, and Comp Coupes can run in the SP class.They use a 13/13 rule and no contact is allowed, but so far the SP group is keeping their noses clean and there has been no contact in 2.5 years of track racing. The other important thing about this event is that there will be alot of partying, eating , and partying. Trying to talk Woodhouse into going, as I think we all need a Winter break, ha. Wish me luck and hope to see alot of folks down there.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to talk Woodhouse into going, as I think we all need a Winter break, ha. Wish me luck.
What is that catchy phrase " While the Boss is away the sales staff will play" Sounds like a good idea!!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, Bobby took it hook line and sinker, and now we are going to help Sponsor the Track Day, and hopefully we will get some Viper guys/gals to join the SRT-4 drivers. Many of you may have noticed the killer times posted by Kathy Stout at the Viper Days Nationals,and these little Turbo Beasts fly. Check out the big party ( The SRT-4 Nationals are part of a HUGE Gearhead gathering called the Mardi Gras Nationals ), bands, and bikinis that will be highlighting the weekend. The two websites to check are:
www.srt4-nationals.com
www.mardigrasnationals.com

Call Greg LeDet ( pronounced Lu Day ) at 985-870-6214 and get info , or check the site. The entry fee is next to nothing, and it should be a hoot to run 130+ down the 1900 ft straight.

SRT-4 Nationals

Slogan:

Beer,Bands, Bikinis...................need I say more!!!

rezin8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's right guys, we're trying to get Bob to bring that bad ass Comp Coupe with him to show some people how it's done. It's going to be more fun than that time I smoked a snake in the 1320 with my little ol' "Neon"...

I hope to see a lot of the Viper owners come out and show support for your "Little Brothers". I'm sure a lot of you would be supprised with how quick these little cars are right off the showroom floor. Imagine what happenes when you put some mods on it. I'll probibly be letting some of the more experienced Viper drivers take my SRT-4 out on the track for a little fun, just so long as you don't kill it. Then I'll just have to buy another one from Bill....

rezin8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, if you want to come to the Track Day, you need to register at www.srt-nationals.com and get your payment in as soon as possible. Space is limited, so get those registrations in ASAP!!!

rezin8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup. $60 and it looks like everyone's gonna get nearly an hour of track time....

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is a great bargain, and I hope we get alot of SnakeCharmers to show up.The SRT-4 guys/gals want to pal around with their Big Brothers, and if they run different times , Viper drivers might be able to give some folks rides -- if it is allowed?

rezin8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course it's allowed. Hell, like I said, I'll even let a couple of the more experienced drivers take the SRT-4 out for a spin...

rezin8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's only a few spots left open guys. If you're interested in coming, you need to register!

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sent my $$ in and looking forward to it...are the event packages you spoke of in the mail yet?

Thanks,

Paul :usa:

repete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow..this is great..

cant wait to meet some of yall at the track..ill bring a digi cam and camcorder to capture this event

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there to see what the SRT-10 Ram can do. Should be a good warm up for TWS with the Supras in March.

Steve

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog