SRT copies the side of the Vette!

remster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was watching this commercial on TV the other day and I see what I thought was an SRT... the humps behind the seats, the angular door molding/vent... so I tell my wife, look! the new viper.
Well, that was a Chevy commercial, and that was the convertible corvette!
Ouch. Way to go. Good branding!

Out of the 3 pics below, can you spot the srt?

You must be registered for see images

cycloneGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by remster:

Out of the 3 pics below, can you spot the srt?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I see an S2000 and two Corvettes...where's the new Viper?
laugh.gif
bounce.gif

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, I've had visions of you driving a SRT with a smile on your face. Something like this
smile.gif
....signed Nostrodamus
cool.gif

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vipermad:
Wow...while I am not the biggest fan of the SRT-10 (I like it OK...just not enough to HAVE TO HAVE one...if you know what I mean). I guess one could say that I am a fan...I just not smitten....AND I have never, and would never, bad mouth it. I'm a "different strokes" kinda guy.

Anyway......WAY off base there remster.
smile.gif
Though it does not move me the way my GTS does...it is unmistakable when viewed with the GM's.

And even after voicing my position...I truly think I will still be in awe of it when I see one, just not in love!!
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have to agree w/ Tony on many points. I'm not really a fan of the SRT but I love Viper! The current Viper was a car I just HAD to have, no if's, and's, or buts. It was just a matter of what color. The new Viper is definitely something I don't

have to have. But I'd tend to side w/ remster on the issue as well. At least based on what I've seen so far. IMHO the car does look like a corvette from the side. It's got a little more razzle/dazzle but clearly an idea stolen from the 'bowtie boys'. If remster would've pasted a pic of the current GTS or RT/10 in place of the SRT, I don't think we could even have this discussion.

Keep in mind, I haven't seen the car in person yet, but based on what I have seen, and the pics that are posted in this thread, I think the SRT looks like a lot of other cars on the road & the Corvette. No flame intended, maybe that's just what the creators wanted. After all, they knew what other cars were out & what their creation resembled. I think they're just paving the way for the 'Real' King of the Hill. The GTS Version.
embarass.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32