SRT Track Experience-Lime Rock, Nov 14th

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any New Englander's going to the SRT Track Experience at Lime Rock on Nov. 14th? It's apparently open to non-SRT owners (I was able to register).

It'll probably one of my last hurrahs before winter, and as a fairly new member, it'll be great to meet a few people. :D

~Craig

1st Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just went Friday to the one at VIR (VA Intl Raceway). It was great. The first car I drove was the 300 SRT. I was shocked how quick it was for a big car and how it did around the track. It actually felt better than the Charger SRT. They stopped letting you drive Vipers on the track after 2 people crashed them last year. The only event you drive Vipers on is the autocross. In all, you drive the 300, Charger, Crossfire, Cherokee, and Viper (all SRT versions). It's a lot of fun, especially when it's free. If you have to pay, it's $500 if you drive and $60 if you just watch. The $60 covers breakfast and lunch. Plus, the observers get to ride in the instructors' cars as they lead the other drivers around the track. They don't baby you...they lead you around the track fast! You don't need to bring anything except a diver's license. They supply helmets and give you a helmet sock (with SRT on it). If it's free for you, you HAVE to go; if you have to pay, it's worth it.

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait... so this is a promotional experience for SRT owners, but it is open to the general public (non-SRT owners) if they want to pay and register? That sounds like fun.

Too bad they're running Monday through Wednesday though. I'd need a weekend shedule to make it work.

...I always wanted to find a reason to plan an administrative retreat or teambuilding exercise out there for the Skip Barber 1-day defensive driving or multi-day race schools. I could never seem to come up with a strong enough excuse to justify it. :rolleyes:

268Copperhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a blast. I was hoping to do the SRT Exp. at Laguna Seca on Decmeber 1st. But it is all booked up.

December 1 is my 40th B-Day; and I thought that would be a cool way to spend the day.

I will catch another one somewhere else.