SRT Viper vs Srt Viper GTS seat adjustments

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if there is more head room in the base Srt Viper vs the GTS because it does not have a power seat mechanism beneath the seat?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wow , great question. I sat in both , and was busy checking everything out, but never really thought to see about the seats. There is definitely more room than in the past for sure, but hopefully the Grailkeeper will see this and get us an answer?

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill, I am surprised noone has asked this question since head room seemed to be a concern for the new car. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

Wow , great question. I sat in both , and was busy checking everything out, but never really thought to see about the seats. There is definitely more room than in the past for sure, but hopefully the Grailkeeper will see this and get us an answer?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it was mentioned that 2 more inches of headroom was gained in the new car. I do not remember where it was said, but iwill try to find it.

Bruce

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was taken from the press release.

Seating position in the 2013 SRT Viper models is 20 mm lower for more room and enhanced performance-driving
ergonomics. Seat travel is extended by 90 mm overall, which enables expanded seating options from a more rearward
positioned bulkhead. For the first time, seat height can be adjusted by up to 40 mm – manually on the SRT model and
power controlled on the GTS.

Bruce

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Acording to this statement i guess it doesnt matter if you get the SRT Viper manual seat or the GTS power seat.

This was taken from the press release.

Seating position in the 2013 SRT Viper models is 20 mm lower for more room and enhanced performance-driving
ergonomics. Seat travel is extended by 90 mm overall, which enables expanded seating options from a more rearward
positioned bulkhead. For the first time, seat height can be adjusted by up to 40 mm – manually on the SRT model and
power controlled on the GTS.

Bruce

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960