SRT10 Viper Truck,

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a 2006 and sold it wish now I kept the truck lots of fun enjoy

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All nice pics. I always enjoy seeing the trucks at Mopar Nats.

Westxsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I regret selling mine.....05

--------------------------
08 Viper coupe

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve- if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm happy to help out fellow truck owners.
Email or phone is probably quickest. I don't get on the forums that much anymore. :)

OP
OP
M

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve- if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm happy to help out fellow truck owners.
Email or phone is probably quickest. I don't get on the forums that much anymore. :)

Thanks, I appreciate the help. Drive-train I am familiar with, but I may have some questions on suspension. I have every intention of keeping it stock, but we all know how that usually works.

Also there are some awesome looking truck pictures posted here, and many of you say you wished you kept it or were sorry you sold it. Makes me want to keep mine even more. As impressed I was with the power, (I expected that) what I was most surprised with is the handling. This sticks in the turns much better than I would have ever guessed.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The trucks are VERY at home on the track. What's funny is that I can brake later into a turn with the truck than I can with the car. :) If I braked at the 75 mark in the car, I could do it just after the 75 mark with the truck. Yes- the bigass brakes up front help, but the truck itself is one giant air brake! LOL
I recommend upgrading to braided stainless lines if you plan on tracking it; IPSCO makes a beautiful line adapter for the trucks.

And remember, when you go to the track: IT'S A FULL-SIZE TRUCK!!!!
It will *not* handle like your Viper. I promise.
The way I remind myself is by saying, "This is a Viper TRUCK; not a VIPER truck." :D

ALL Dodge Ram trucks can tow a minimum of 2500 lbs. That includes the SRT-10. Yes- 2004's too.
The 2004 owner's manual states to not tow, but the truck is quite capable of towing. Dodge put that note in there to prevent warranty work on the clutch, and probably after testing the 4:11 rear with towing loads. Plus, if they didn't want us to tow, why did they put a hitch cutout on the rear roll pan? :)
The QCs are much better at towing, as they have the 48RE automatic transmission. The RCs are okay; the engine and frame can certainly handle it, but the weak points become the transmission (gearing) and the rear end (gearing). They're not really optimized for towing. The rear suspension isn't optimized for it either.
That said, I've towed our (2) motorcycles + (2) ATVs in a 6x12 enclosed trailer all over the state with no issues. I also towed a 4000 lb. cherry-picker lift without incident.
If you're going to tow anything more than 2500 lbs, get a different tow vehicle (or the QC).

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my RC Yellow Fever (#54) new on returning from VOI 8. I had gotten a ride with Herb Helbig in an RC on the autocross track in Dallas and was extremely impressed. Plus I got the VCA decal free for the truck for having attended VOI 8. Still have the truck. I bought the red QC because I needed a four door vehicle to haul kids and thought it would be fun.

salties

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my black RC new in 05 now have only 10k miles , very fun to drive on the weekend . Think about trade it in for a gen V viper .

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since everyone's throwing up pics......here's my old truck.

You must be registered for see images

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The QuadcabAuto i call the SRT-10 RAM.

The RegCabT56 i call the Viper Truck.:)

Good choice Steve. I cant wait to check it out. Maybe this will be the first of your cars that you let me drive??? please please please:D

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone is in the market for an 06 RC Mineral Gray shoot me a PM. it has about 10k miles or so. There were a few changes on the 06's namely the interior.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin, right on the money with your comments....I have the 2005 RC and I have pulled a car inside an enclosed trailer ( about 7400) and agree you have to remember the clutch, you want to pull off the red light and race a car with the trailer attached BUT definitely a NO-NO....I just stay out of 6th gear on the road and I feel the truck does well, also have all the sway and equalizer bars as well, if anything, the truck rides better towing because less bouncing around without the trailer.....gas mileage does go down but would with anything....like my truck !!

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did you lower this? and how much? It looks perfect.

I used the XMetal kit back in the day. Cant recall the exact specs but I believe it went down 2" in the back and 1 1/2" in the front (I could be slightly off though). It sat perfect and still handled great. With the heads/cam mods it was a N/A beast. Most fun truck I have ever owned, by far.

Only reason I parted with it was to get into my Roe GTS.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I was waiting for a ComEd to pop up in my price range, but people really don't
want to give those puppies up...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21