SRT10 Vs Ford GT

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are not talking about the price but do you think that Ford GT will be faster than SRT? The production numbers are at Viper level. This could be a very healthy competition.

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope that it is. Also hope that the C6 Vette Z06 is 500 HP. That should go a long way towards Viper getting more HP and a coupe.

The GT looks niiiice too....

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No worries - We have 500+ cubes. They CAN'T win the HP battle with there current displacements. Period. A little tweaking by DC, and you have a 600+ HP Viper, no problem.

** Now if the new Vette weighs 2800 pounds or less, it may have a shot.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though the goal of the Ford GT was 3000lbs, it looks like the final production weight is actually closer to 3400lbs!
The rear-mid engine design with the weight over the driving wheels, and the 3.36 gears with more tightly spaced 6 speed ratios should give the GT a slight edge over the SRT-10 Viper. Potentially.

But unless Ford seriously underrates the power it may just offer the same performance as the SRT-10, which would be really embarassing because the Ford brass was loudly pronouncing that the Ford GT was going to kick Viper butt.

I'm hoping that DCX takes the initiative and tunes the Viper up to 550-600HP to embarass the $150K+ Ford GT as well as stay ahead of the upcoming C6 Z06 Corvette.

-Dean.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cubes are nice, but superchargers are too. It's so easy to boost the HP with tuning / smaller pulley etc. DC has TONS of S/C experience with AMG....maybe they should tap into this resource and voila, a supercharged SRT-10 would be untouchable. I don't think the standard Vette will weigh less than 3200 lbs. The Cadillac XLR is around 3600 lbs. Same chassis. The folding hardtop can't be that heavy?

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be nice to have a boost in SRT power but I don't belive that it will happen soon ans all the people that bought SRT's would be pissed. So maybe when SRT Coupe comes out then we could see more HP.
As for Ford it will be very easy to get more HP...just look at Mustang rated at 390HP and it can easy put down 450RWHP with a pulley. So if GT is rated at 500hp than it could put down 550RWHP.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only question I have is boost pressure. The Cobra runs how many pounds stock? I read that the GT is at 12.2 pounds stock.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i saw a blue w/ white stipes GT on woodward two nights ago and did a turn around to try and catch it but got caught in traffic. man did it look great as well as sound awesome. now if i can find one at sticker price ill buy one.

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there an offical MSRP yet?

You guys in MI get to see all the bst cars!!!

MILES42

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the ' GT ' will be faster than the Viper due to Aerodynamics. Now if the Z06 and ' GT ' were ragtop Converts, who would be the fastest ? The Viper probably would. Just think if the SRT-10 was a coupe with the same horsepower and possbibly 150- 200lbs lighter :shocked: . I truly believe that Dodge is holding their Trump Card ( 2006 Viper Coupe ) until the 2006 Detroit Auto Show ? Right now they are just sitting back testing and refining it ( Viper Competition Coupe )

MILES42

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish it were the 2005 Show, i think that if coupe is released it will be at the 2006 show, about the same time the next Z06 is released ? I like the Ford GT i just wished they would have designed a more aggressive looking wheel for it :( they almost look like hubcaps, i also wished they would have used the Led lighting system used on the Concept car. Ford GT vs Viper ? why is the GT so heavy, the viper is a ragtop convert with a truck engine yet it still weighs less than the GT :confused: , but the GT is still nice

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DC already has 500hp beat, only it wears the Benz badge. Just the they they want it I guess. Without the takeover our chances would have been much better at some real killer numbers for the Viper. just MHO.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the ' GT ' will be faster than the Viper due to Aerodynamics.

Don't quote me, but I think the cd (coefficient of drag) is LESS in the SRT10 than the GT. If memory serves, the GT is .39. The SRT10 is what, .34? Can't remember... Therefore, the SRT10 holds the aerodynamic advantage.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the ' GT ' will be faster than the Viper due to Aerodynamics.

Don't quote me, but I think the cd (coefficient of drag) is LESS in the SRT10 than the GT. If memory serves, the GT is .39. The SRT10 is what, .34? Can't remember... Therefore, the SRT10 holds the aerodynamic advantage.

Nope..With top up the cd is .40 with top down the cd is .43......The GTS is .35 for comparison and I think .50 for the RT10?

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DC should just install the SL65 engine in the SRT-10. Call it the SRT-12. 604 horses! With a little tuning....

Nope. DCX should just take the twin turbo setup from the Benz and adapt it to the Viper!
700HP would be easy, and it would raise the bar of the Viper's performance and status. :laugh:

-Dean.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960