Stainless vs. Alum/Steel Headers and Exhaust?

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stainless is good for exhausts because it resists corrosion due to moisture and exhuast gases. The aluminized is almost as good as the stainless at resisting corrosion. Also, the aluminized steel system is less likely to fail due to thermal fatigue. Eventually stainless can fatigue and crack due to constant expansion and contraction with temperature change. Stainless has a higher coefficient of thermal expansion than a carbon steel and a lower modulus of elasticity as well, meaning that it expands more under a temperature change and is less elastic than carbon steel. To top it off the aluminized steel is cheaper than the stainless.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which one will release more heat into the engine compartment?

S

Stang7900

I have heard that also. I believe Belanger makes an aluminized exhuast. Anybody have this system?

Steve
99 RT/10

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just sold a side exit RT with Belanger headers, random tech hi-flow cats, not sure who's ****'s but there were basically 3" wide open. If you want loud, not able to talk to the person next to you with the top off exhaust sound, that system was it. I loved it! Deep!

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard that also. I believe Belanger makes an aluminized exhuast. Anybody have this system?

Many, many, many have the Belanger headers. Do a search, this feature is great. I recently had a thread or 2 on headers myself.

I think aluminum will pull the heat away faster.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine