Stated Value Insurance for GTS

Triple7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend an insurance company that offers stated value policies for Vipers? My '99 Black and Silver GTS was totaled last month. It was a one owner 8400 mile never tracked, smoked in, rained on, no scratches, nicks, wheel scrapes with a $0 deductible 7 year Max care, Borla cat back and smooth tubes and K&Ns. My insurance company USAA is using a company called Autosource Valuation to determine what the car is worth and they are comparing it to Vipers that include one with a salvage title and another that has 38,500 miles. I only put about 1600 miles a year on the car and I am going to try a collector car friendly insurance company when I find a replacement.

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Triple7 - Where are you - state ?
Mine was totaled 7/20/02 in Va.. burned at a
Texaco gas station cited several times for faulty equipment.
<font color="red"> </font> Royal &amp; SunAlliance Insurance
used a 'service' that 'found' one car in Norfolk, Va
( I am from Maryland )..
The one car - sold the next week at Highline Auctions in Pa -
they valued at $49900... with no info as to quality.
At the time my 99 GTS was valued at $58 with Kelly Blue Book,
$59 with NADA, and an average of eleven on various Internet
lists of $60 ( with red average of $64 - though Royal said
"color is not relevant " - though there were only 80 made in 99,
and only two for sale anywhere.. Texas and Florida)
Va law " cannot require travel to find car", Royal said "
"no provision in policy to cover travel, inspection, transport.."

Va state does not require mediation, so still fighting with them.
Check your state Insurance Regulations.. mediation..
valuation..

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Triple7,
USAA is usually very good. I have them and they have been fair. If your not getting satisfaction, ask for another adjuster or rep. Maybe Vipermad will chime in,

Mike

bhchase

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recently went through the insurance thing and advise you read carefully what you sign with Grundy insurance. There rate are good but can't even drive it to the gas station according to their restrictions and forget driving it anywhere for pleasure except to Prades and car shows. I went with Hagerty, a little more money, but less restrictive.

OP
OP
T

Triple7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice and info. I live in Georgia. I have been a USAA member for 23 years and have never had any problems. Today my "case" was sent up two levels of management and the supervisor agreed that my car was worth more. I think I received a fair price based on the research I've done the last 2 weeks. Viper production was so low that it makes it tough to find comparables (my black and silver GTS was one of 26) but Roanoke Dodge sold one just last week and I used that as a gauge. Based on what I've seen, stated value is the way to go.