Stereo mods

bdherh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the best way to get the stereo to sound better without having to replace the head unit. I dont want to put a big sub in the thing, but with the speakers it has, it needs to sound better than it does. I have the Fisher Price nav system in mine, but I dont want to go ripping on the dash. Seems like every time I do that, I get unwanted rattles. Would changing the speakers and adding an amp do any good?

Reaction score
What is the best way to get the stereo to sound better without having to replace the head unit. I dont want to put a big sub in the thing, but with the speakers it has, it needs to sound better than it does. I have the Fisher Price nav system in mine, but I dont want to go ripping on the dash. Seems like every time I do that, I get unwanted rattles. Would changing the speakers and adding an amp do any good?

Yes amps and speakers will help I would start with high end speakers first and see what you think. JL, Boston, Diamond...

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can make a much higher impact by changing the equalization of the system. I've heard stock systems sound phenomenal just by how it's tuned. You will hear a little improvement with an amp and speaker change but to get the most impact you should change the head unit. Aftermarket EQ's have more boost in high and low frequencies which will usually make it sound more dynamic.