Stereo Speakers Cutting Out

scottmarston

Viper Owner
Reaction score
'95 RT/10 - I'm unfamiliar with the stock stereos on my particular model and year. It is equipped with an Alpine deck and has two amps in the trunk. The amps are identical, V12, DC Straight, MRV T501. In the summer when it's warmer, I’ll be driving along for about 30 min and the front speakers will cut out. After about 10 minutes they will come back on. This cycles like this until I'm done driving. I’m assuming it’s the heat causing one of the amps to intermittently shut down. The reason why I say it is that and not the deck channels, is because the back speakers aren’t affected. Any ideas? Should I move the amps under my seat so some air can get to them?

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think this is indicative of the unit going south. That is the stock mounting location on both gen 1 and 2 Rts, not sur about GTS. I don't think moving it would help unless you can have some constant air movement, better bet is to replace it.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think this is indicative of the unit going south. That is the stock mounting location on both gen 1 and 2 Rts, not sur about GTS. I don't think moving it would help unless you can have some constant air movement, better bet is to replace it.

Stock is not 2 amps however, so I assume they are stacked in the OE location. And yes, the GTS they go there too, but they have ventilation to the outside nearby.

OP
OP
S

scottmarston

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not really a sound hound...I just listen to rock. Does that model look stock? I'm sure they've engineered better amps since '95 that can handle the heat in that OE location...? Any recommendations for a replacement?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang