StopTech Big Brake Kit is GREAT !

phoeve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love them !. The braking feels much better. Also, these brakes don't squeal at all. Probably because of the aluminum rotors ? Very smooth and positive feeling! My stock brakes with R4S's got me -0.78 G's. Without really putting the StopTech's to the test I've seen -0.86 G's already. And that was with a 270 lb. friend in the passenger side ! When I get a chance to really test them I'll re-post. Installation was very easy. The quality is the highest I have ever seen ! I did have a very slight problem with the white "StopTech" lettering coming off because of the brake fluid. Bob Lee from StopTech said this was abnormal and is sending me a replacement set of calipers soon. Great brakes from a great company ! I ordered mine from Mike Adams. He had the best deal and has excellent customer service.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to your data...we are VERY HAPPY with our StopTech system....HAPPY HOLIDAYS to ALL the folks at StopTech and to the VIPER NATION!

Steve and Elaine

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
phoeve and Steve:

Which brake pads did you both decide to go with? I went with the Bendix Ultimate pads from Australia, and they are very soft feeling but can bite very hard when needed (no warming up required as with other racing pads). I also notice that there is much less brake dust than the stock setup.

I am trying to get to Buttonwillow in the next couple of weekends. That should be a good test for the new brakes.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Brad, in order to try to compare new system fairly, we stuck with pad as close to stock as we could.

Steve

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Peter,
Be sure and test to see what the highest braking G you can get before lockup is and what 60 to 0 mph is with your G-Tech Pro (I assume you're on stock tires). Stock Vipers stop at about .77G and in 155 feet from 60 to 0 mph. Remember to test without a passenger and post the results
You must be registered for see images
Sean

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte